Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this sunday, put a couple drops of lube on barrel and rod, then went out and shot 50 rounds though it, and already have this wear. Is this normal or should I be looking for some warrenty work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you do? It doesnt bother me when my guns wear. Slide wear and this kind of wear will happen, but this much after one use??

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mine looked close to that after the first 50 rounds, but I made sure to lubricate it up before the next rounds went through. I have 1000 rounds through it now, and I'll post a few pics when I pick it up from my Dad's house tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All pistols that have similar barrel arrangements do this; it has to do with how the slide and barrel rub together. If I get around to it, I might put up some pictures of various 9mm/.380 pistols and their barrel/guide rod wear at some point in the future.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my xd40 has wear there too

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
When metal rubs against metal this is what happens.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Use synthetic grease on the barrel and slide to minimize that wear and make it operate smoother. There are many quality products on the market designed specifically for guns, but being a cheap SOB, I use synthetic break caliper grease when I use any grease at all. Mostly run it dry or with a dry lube like 100% silicone or similar.

The one area you really DON'T want to grease or oil is the striker. Run it dry or use a dry lube.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Not to worry my friend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I see an HS, XD or XDM without those wear marks on the barrel, then I know it's either brand new or a safe queen. Not to worry...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Definitely normal. Any metal to metal contact will create wear rather quickly, especially when heat and such fast G-forces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 300 rounds i took it home and cleaned i have the same wear marks, it appears to be break in marks, i would not worry about it. If it bothers you you can polish it...

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
oh man thats not good, if you keep shooting it it will wear right through the barrel.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts