Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do, what to do? Ok so my rear sight is off center quite a bit and it's throwing my rounds left. I've been to two shops, one in Augusta and one in Evans, GA and both shops stopped using their sight pushers for fear of breaking the tool. I don't really want to send the slide to SA but I really want to get out and shoot this damn thing. This was my first purchase of a real gun since I left the horribly repressive state of CA and it's driving me insane. I tried the brass punch and hammer and that didn't work, even in a really stable vice. I've seen post where people use some sort of penetration oil to loosen it but I have no idea which one. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Heat it up first in combo with the perpetrating oil?. It doesn't look like you have FO sights on it. I've never done it but I'm just spitballin

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heat it up first in combo with the perpetrating oil?. It doesn't look like you have FO sights on it. I've never done it but I'm just spitballin

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Can I just use any penetrating oil? Just wondering if it will damage the finish.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had that same problem with my then XD9 . I sent it to SA, they adjusted the sight but marred the finish. You can clearly see the punch marks on both sides of the sight. Ugly

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that same problem with my then XD9 . I sent it to SA, they adjusted the sight but marred the finish. You can clearly see the punch marks on both sides of the sight. Ugly
Yeah, if there are going to be marks on my gun, I'd prefer I did them. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Same exact thing happen to me on my XD9, rear was off center and sent it to sa under warranty. They messed up my rear sight with a bunch of punch marks, looked sloppy:mad:. But good news, I sent the slide to James and he centered a xdm rear sight perfectly. Looks great now, very happy:D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts