Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I recentley bought a new XD .40 SC and have yet to hit the range. I feel a lil weird cause I've allways been around rifles and shotguns but I don't have alot of time around handguns. This is probably a stupid question but oh well. Is there anyone who has a few tips for a newbie? Should I clean and lube the lady before I hit the range for the first time? Any tips or advice will be appreciated thanks from a newbie.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome to another newbie from Texas. Never hurts to read the manual, learn to take the gun apart, and clean thoroughly before ever going to the range. That way you know how to clean it when you get home. Congrats on the XD40sc; great gun.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It never hurts to read the manual, take her aprt, and just really get a feel for how she operates and her inner workings before you head to the range.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would disassemble,clean her up good then lube her up with some BREAKFREE so she breaks in nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Yep,

Clean her, lube her......... give her gentle rubs...... and then feed the heck out of her........ she's hungry....... I can hear her crying...

wait can you hear???????? shoot 500 rounds through her....

that will feed her for a week..........

Better get busy!

·
Premium Member
127,757 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I'm dying to get to the range. Thanks alot. I've been looking through the forum all day and have come to the conclusion that I picked the best place to be and with the best pistol I believe. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome...and yes I would give it a cleaning before first range trip...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts