Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No +p or +p+ here, just your standard 124 grain box. However, I do have my interchangeable springs (18, 20, 22, 24# springs) to tune if necessary. Has anyone had any hangups on an XD Service 9 using this ammo or its varients? I've read nothing but good things about these rounds so hopefully they shoot like butter (and yes I've checked out the "Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo" link that gets passed around in here quite a bit. I'll report back what I find...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Just got a box myself. It shot well in a Kahr CW9, XD9sc, M&P 9 Pro, and Spartan 1911. No feed issues and accurate.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Currently hunting some more 147 grain standard pressure. Both of my local shops are out. May have to mail order.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Just a word of warning the heaver you go over the OEM 18lbs the more susceptible to failure to extract.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Kyles's Gunshop had some but got mine from Ammo to Go. 50 rd box for not much more than 25 rds at LGS (who just happened to be out anyway).

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had issues feeding HST's in my XD9SC. I ending up selling the gun to a buddy of mine who ended up having to send the gun in (he said the CS was great). I'm not sure but I think they replaced the barrel because of a issue with the feed ramp. Since then he ran 50 rounds of the same lot of the HST's I have and had no issues. I doubt you will have any problems.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You shouldn't have to swap out springs just because your using +P or standard velocity ammo. All good quality moder guns can handle +p's with no modifications. As far as Standard pressure ammo any gun can fire these. If your using +P's for defensive purposes it's not a problem but I wouldn't spend a day at the range shooting them !
First of all they are too expensive, second even though modern guns could handle them they still accelerate wear & tear ! Save the +P hollowpoint for carry and shoot FMJ standard pressure at the range ! You don't have to shoot 1000 rounds of defensive ammo to know whether or not it will work in your gun. One box should be plenty to find out if your gun likes them. If you go thru a box with no jams, FTF's, or misfeeds then they are okay ! The gun will tell you early on if it don't like a particular type of ammo. Most folks don't have the cash to run 1000+ rounds of premium hollow points through a gun to ensure it's reliable.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That's good ammo. Never had issues with any of my 9mm guns. For the price of 50 rounds per box, best price/performance ammo you can buy. I have the 124gr, 124gr +P, and 147gr. Hard to tell if the +P makes a difference, maybe a little. The 147gr may be a litty bitty more kick. I've never tried the +P on my PF9, but all types feed on my XDM, Sig, Glocks no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts