Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right out of the box. Payed $500 from my local dealer OTD. Put 50 WWB through her right away and brought her home and field stripped it, cleaned and wiped her down and re-oiled everything.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sweet congrats on the purchase!!!:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations from Kansas, I have the service in .45, never a FTF and quite good in the accuracy department for a 4" barrel and a shaky old man shootin it!8)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RodasJ - Do you ever have any issues with the 9mm conversion at all? I fought myself between the XD9 and 40 for quite a while, and am really thinking about getting a conversion barrel for cheaper paper killing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
RodasJ - Do you ever have any issues with the 9mm conversion at all? I fought myself between the XD9 and 40 for quite a while, and am really thinking about getting a conversion barrel for cheaper paper killing.

I had only one failure to extract. That was with rapid fire. After countless rounds that was the only time it happened.
If you want to see the reliability look at my video on you tube.

YouTube - XD 40 with Firedragon 9mm conversion barrel

If I had to do it all over again I would still buy the barrel. It's great.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats...I have the exact same firearm and love it. You made a great investment. Please shoot it regularly and don't just leave it in a box. These guns were made to be shot!

Chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the same thing in od green. love it. 300 round with no issues. enjoy it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I have the same gun and love it to death

·
Registered
271 Posts
What is the Guide rod/spring gonna do for me?
Make you fall in love with your gun ALL over again :p then later and u want to spice up your realationship with you XD get a trigger kit/job then Bam Love again...

That being said it will reduce muzzle flip and act more like a pushing feeling like a .45 does.

Congrats great choice!

-TD 581S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great minds must think alike. I bought the same gun today, put 50 rounds through it, then broke it down, cleaned it, and put it back. It has been a good day so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts