Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpeg
This has been on consignment for a while at my LGS. I don't know a whole lot about them other than I really like the style. Today the guy that owns it happened to be at the shop when I went shooting. I asked him about it and he's had it for years. Has 3 mags case lock and manual test target loaders and tools. Been fired very little. He let me run a few mags through it and I was hooked. Employing my WWCD (What would @Cuda66 Do) I low balled him. He laughed for a bit and then settled on 1200 bucks. I get to pick it up in a few days. H&K P9S .45ACP

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice! Congratulations! Be sure to give us a range report.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice! Congratulations! Don't forget to give us a range report.

·
Administrator
22,347 Posts
Can never go wrong with HK.

·
Administrator
22,347 Posts
Can never go wrong with HK.

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
Very, very nice.

I've seen them in worse shape, minus box for around $1k with one magazine, and P9S .45 mags run around $100 a pop, so...I think you did OK.

And if you decide to get rid of it...do keep me in mind. ;)

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very, very nice.

I've seen them in worse shape, minus box for around $1k with one magazine, and P9S .45 mags run around $100 a pop, so...I think you did OK.

And if you decide to get rid of it...do keep me in mind. ;)
It's been in the case for a few months. Started at 1850 and there was no way I was gonna pay that. Price started coming down and it was a stroke of luck that he was there today. I offered him a grand and after shooting it I was fine with 1200. I only ran 50 rounds through it but no issues. Seems to be in great shape. He said he's got less than 500 rounds in it though I'd guess most people lowball their round count a bit.

Reactions: Cyanide

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Looks like a cool piece, and in .45 no less...solid score. What's it's birth year? Like late 80s early 90s?

yes...I is a doofus about imported pistols pre-2000-ish.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
neat pickup. thats a super deep beavertail backstrap.

·
Premium Member
127,967 Posts
Congratulations, that is a very nice pistol!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Ditto on the vintage?
What's with the weirdness of the trigger guard?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
image.jpeg
Ditto on the vintage?
What's with the weirdness of the trigger guard?
That's the "combat" guard. Up to 1973 they had a rounded one. When they started building .45ACP all the serial numbers started at 400 000. Vintage 81'
You can swap out the guards on them

The .45's were adopted by SEALS and somewhere there's a bunch of Cans with sights on them because they were gigantic and nobody made a tall enough suppressor sight for the gun. Here's a pic

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
View attachment 52079
That's the "combat" guard. Up to 1973 they had a rounded one. When they started building .45ACP all the serial numbers started at 400 000. Vintage 81'
You can swap out the guards on them

The .45's were adopted by SEALS and somewhere there's a bunch of Cans with sights on them because they were gigantic and nobody made a tall enough suppressor sight for the gun. Here's a pic
They were quite popular for suppression; the roller-locked barrel system didn't need a booster to cycle the action.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They were quite popular for suppression; the roller-locked barrel system didn't need a booster to cycle the action.
I spent my morning looking at threaded barrels. Wish I could find an original can for it (for nostalgia)

Reactions: Cuda66
1 - 20 of 23 Posts