Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these "Thailand" wood grips off of ebay. Pretty decent quality for the price. I wanted to buy some Esmeralda grips, but I couldn't bring myself to hack off a corner of $100 grips to accommodate a lanyard ring. These were quite a bit cheaper.

The non-checkered part is nice and smooth in my hand. I thought not having checkering on the whole grip would bother me, but that's definitely not the case. I got some for my 686 too. I'd definitely recommend them as a low price alternative.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Very nice combination.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'm debating upgrading the sights and refinishing. It's hard for my eyes to pick up the tiny white dot front sight.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Thanks! I'm debating upgrading the sights and refinishing. It's hard for my eyes to pick up the tiny white dot front sight.
Get some Novaks or something but I am digging the look of the phosphate finish contrasting with wood grips.

I've got the plastic grips on mine because it's more of a workhorse than a BBQ gun, but you might have inspired me.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's steel. I was thinking Black-T or cerakote. I do kind of like the Parkerized finish. Gives it a nice worn look.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Nice grips. Makes me realize that I should get my HP standard model out to range. I used it when started in USPSA, shot in limited 10 division. Moved to single stack division for few years, limited past year. So the hp has been in bedroom safe. Maybe I'll get her out for a few matches. HP has a special meaning for me because that's what we carried when I served Canada (black Inglis version)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Oh just recalled - was in Cabela's a week ago to pickup 22lr ammo from online order - the used room had a shelf with approx two dozen HPs. Most very used at too high a price but a few were tempting. My wife pointed out what I wrote last post above - she is accomodating but just doesn't understand some things about gun ownership ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's a nice set of grips on a really good looking gun. I'd like to have it's twin.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I put a flak black CeraKote finish on my Hi-Power (an Israeli military trade in pistol) and put a set of Herret's cocobolo checkered grips.

Yes..Cera-Koting is a tough and no nonsense finish.

-brickboy240

1 - 17 of 17 Posts