Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

DPMS Lower, Del-Ton M4 1x7 16" Upper.

She seems to be a natural at shooting it, as well. Very minimal training. Only the second time she's fired it. 27 shots from 50 yards using a table (no assists from blocks, bipod, etc... elbows on wood). Standard NRA 50 Yard Small Bore Rifle Target w/ 3.89" Black (NRA #TQ-3/1).

She'll more than likely be using it when she attends a local Appleseed Project event: Atlanta, TX Sept 24-25. I only say "more than likely" because I'm still contemplating removing the scope from my 10/22 and installing Mil-Spec sights on it, and having her use that instead. Cheaper on the ammo side of things.

·
Registered
838 Posts
A friend of mine who is an instructor in Florida for Carry Licensing (retired LEO and SWAT guy) says women are much faster to learn proficiency because they listen and don't try to "John Wayne" the weapon.

Men all seem to want to teach him, even though their skills don't usually match their mouths.:p

BTW, my wife shoots very well too, sometimes putting me to shame!;)

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I took my friend out to teach her how to shoot. her first time with a rifle or firing any gun and she was ringing the gong consistently at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
127,703 Posts
A friend of mine who is an instructor in Florida for Carry Licensing (retired LEO and SWAT guy) says women are much faster to learn proficiency because they listen and don't try to "John Wayne" the weapon.

Your friend is absolutely correct!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts