Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine calls me up says his dad has a russian rifle he just bought from a dude. I go look at it its an M44 Ishvesk all numbers matching no force matching and the barrel is very clean with sharp lands and grooves.But the stock looks to be a Chinese Type 53 stock, it looks mottled with small dents and imperfections in it, but the finish on it is beautiful and it adds a little character to it and a bit more grippyness. And also on the importer mark its marked Type 53 Chinese. Have you ever come across a mismatch like this before, give me some opinions, I'm going to clean it up and shoot it later today and I'll give an update. Mosin-Nagant's are like Lays Potato Chips, "You cant have just one."

P.S. I got it for $75.00!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Weird!

can you post pics?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just got done cleaning it up, and it cleaned up very nicely. I've looked it over very well broke it down out of the stock, its a 1945 model M44 with the single hook bayonet mechanism. And from what I can tell it has a Type 53 stock on it. The serial numbers on the buttplate are 6 numbers so that leads me to think its a Type 53.

By the way: I've got a CZ-82 coming from Classic Arms next week, Give me some idea's on a custom finish for it like cold blueing or DuraCoat?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Find a original stock the Chineese version uses CHU wood which seems to be a soft Birch like wood that dents and cracks easily. Other than that sounds like a good deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts