Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I didn't even know this gun existed.

I Bought a Sig Sauer 1911 / 22

I took it to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it.

Not one problem.

It's sights were way off for me.

But Sig included everything I needed to change the front sight.

It's a really fun gun to shoot.

It s very accurate now.

:cool:

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
It's made by GSG and the GSG version has been getting almost unanimous praise, I suspect you'll be quite happy with it, congrats.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's made by GSG and the GSG version has been getting almost unanimous praise, I suspect you'll be quite happy with it, congrats.
I shot a GSG .22 with a silencer at a gun show a couple weeks ago, i'm thinkin' I might invest in one for myself.

I'll have to take a look at that Sig .22 also.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it at Cabela's.

It was a package that included a 2nd magazine & a Fobus holster.

I paid $419.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it's full sized.

Feels just like my full sized Kimber
::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Guy at our local club shot Steel Challenge with one last month. Not one malfunction the whole day and pretty accurate.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
That's a nice shooter. Is it full sized like a 1911?

Made by CSG, if I'm not mistaken that made in Germany.
Not only is the GSG 1911 full sized, it takes several regular 1911 parts and the slide was supposed to be transferable to a regular 45ACP 1911 to make it a 22, don't know if that has been implemented though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice!

I also have one, but I mailed it to Sig to have it serviced.

I was at the range today and the slide would not move. So I went home and found a solution on-line. It was due to a brass getting stuck so I bumped it out. It was fine but it would not extract properly so I called sig and had it mailed the same day.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ pistoled

Yes I know.

It wasn't't on my list either &

"up jumped the devil":rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I hope you didn't pay more than the GSG so it could say SIG on the side. They are 'OK' guns. Mine had a few FTF issues at first and ATI replaced some stuff to the latest updated parts. Also, my dust cover scratched the holy hell out of the slide. Decided I liked my Ruger 22/45 a whole lot more and sold the GSG. The GSG just feels cheap.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Very cool! I just picked up a Sig 1911 in the .45, I bet it's even more fun to shoot in .22!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its the exact same as the GSG 1911 in .22 it just has SIG stamped on the side and they charge you another 40 bucks. Mine cost 350 out the door and it is awesome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts