Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Mossberg 500ag 12ga and the guy told me it is a special edition,it says gangster on the side and has some other engraving on it.

Is this a regular 500ag or is it a special edition and whats the going rate for a nice used Mossberg 500AG 12ga pump

Greg

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
"Gangster" on the side?

Oy vey.

Never heard of anything like it, man. I'd hang on to it as a shoot the pee out of it gun if I was you.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
depends on the model. they can be had new from 200-350 depending on the model. a average used i guess would be around 100-150.

as far as the "gangster" model, oh hell i hope it isnt so. sounds like it might have come from one of those jerks who spends to much time "customizing" their hoopty in the autozone parking lot.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Considering that you bought it from someone you don't know ... I'd seriously consider taking it in to your local LE and have them run the numbers ... You do have a signature and ID from the seller, right ??

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
"A self proclaimed "GANGSTER" shoots a fourteen year old on his front step, police have the suspect in custody" Anyone expecting that besides me?

If you use that in self-defense, your going to jail.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If this is in fact true, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site.

and that says a lot....:wink:

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
in what form is gangsta written on it?

is it paint hopefully and not engraved. Either can be removed. I wouldnt leave it, just the idea is nauseating ...... but if its clean and you got a deal not the end of the world.

gangsta written in paint is better than rust.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i really have to see a picture of this. :confused:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
in what form is gangsta written on it?

is it paint hopefully and not engraved. Either can be removed. I wouldnt leave it, just the idea is nauseating ...... but if its clean and you got a deal not the end of the world.

gangsta written in paint is better than rust.
i disagree neglect of your firearm can be forgiven but putting gangster on it....

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
i disagree neglect of your firearm can be forgiven but putting gangster on it....
i mean for him. not the guy that painted gansta or let it get rusty. I mean in a case a gun that has gangsta painted on it, and a rusty gun, same model, same price i grab the gangsta one each time and simply remove the paint.

I have 2 sand blasters now. I havent done my mauser yet, but its on the list to do it with some aluminum oxide. I hate rust, i live in the land of salt and rusty cars. Yuck rust is my sworn enemy.

poorly painted gansta, you might be able to remove and not even hurt the factory finish if the turd used model paint or something lame.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i mean for him. not the guy that painted gansta or let it get rusty. I mean in a case a gun that has gangsta painted on it, and a rusty gun, same model, same price i grab the gangsta one each time and simply remove the paint.

I have 2 sand blasters now. I havent done my mauser yet, but its on the list to do it with some aluminum oxide. I hate rust, i live in the land of salt and rusty cars. Yuck rust is my sworn enemy.

poorly painted gansta, you might be able to remove and not even hurt the factory finish if the turd used model paint or something lame.
very good point. i would also take the gangster one over a heavily rusted one.

the finish on the receiver on my mossberg is anodized and is pretty tough so it should be fine.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I hope the OP didnt seriously think a gun with "gangster" written on was something legit done by a notable gun company.

And as mention, imagine using that in a self defense case-the whole "gangster" is likely to get you in rape-me-in-the-ass-prison, in a otherwise no charges incident

·
Registered
930 Posts
Is the bead sight located on the side of the barrel instead of the top? :wink:

·
Registered
764 Posts
OP said engraved and didnt mentioned it being painted.
I would at least give the guy credit, that something painted on, is far less legit looking then engraved, and thus figuring out, there is nothing special about this "special edition"

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
OP said engraved and didnt mentioned it being painted.
I would at least give the guy credit, that something painted on, is far less legit looking then engraved, and thus figuring out, there is nothing special about this "special edition"

I just bought a Mossberg 500ag 12ga and the guy told me it is a special edition,it says gangster on the side and has some other engraving on it.

Is this a regular 500ag or is it a special edition and whats the going rate for a nice used Mossberg 500AG 12ga pump

Greg

you might be right magic pie, i read it as gansta (not specified in what form) and some other engravings .... OTHER could mean both the gansta, and the stamping rolled on at the factory ... or could mean fancy old west style embelishments with a dremel or something.

you could always put the circle with the cross hatch, gang busters.

in no uncertain terms are you pro gang or not into following the law.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
Good idea:mrgreen:

If this is directed towards me, I can't make out what it is your asking.

poorly stated. I meant a circle and cross hatch would remove doubt that you are a gansta wannbee, pro gang, pro thoughtless violence or anything like that.

I would just hope its surface stuff and you can blast it off.

not directed at you at all, i meant for the orginal poster to convey that he owns the gun but is not pro gang or the inherent anti law abiding citizen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts