Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't worry, I didn't trade the XD. :)

Friend needed some cash, so I bought his like-new Glock 23 with an extra 12-round mag.

I like the ergonomics, but I'm not sold on the trigger... I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I take it to the range.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Drop in a 3.5 lb. It is easy to do. Plus polish while you are there.

UB

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Man, you're gonna love that firearm! I think it's the most accurate, out of the box, service glock they offer. I've tried them all. I don't have the G23 right now. I'm making ends meet with the glock 22.

I'm looking to find another G-23. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You better be very careful, because there is a real good chance that your new Glock will likely accidentally discharge and shoot that beautiful XD.
:roll: Finger control please :roll:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
don't worry, I didn't trade the XD. :)

Friend needed some cash, so I bought his like-new Glock 23 with an extra 12-round mag.

I like the ergonomics, but I'm not sold on the trigger... I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I take it to the range.

I have an XD and a Glock and I find that the Glock trigger resets better than the XD in my opinion. You cant beat the rust resistance that Glock has , thats for sure .

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Awesome, should treat you just fine! What about the trigger dont you like? They are easy enough to replace. Take the 3 roll pins out, pull the metal block out, the slide release out, and the whole trigger piece should lift out. You should have an armorer do it just so it's "covered".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, should treat you just fine! What about the trigger dont you like? They are easy enough to replace. Take the 3 roll pins out, pull the metal block out, the slide release out, and the whole trigger piece should lift out. You should have an armorer do it just so it's "covered".
Good to know.
I have a 3# trigger on the XD, and the Glock's factory trigger just doesn't compare (and I wouldn't expect it to, either). I still haven't made it to the range to try out the reset.
We'll see... I don't mind replacing a trigger, if that's all there is to it.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
LOL the great thing about it is that almost every gunshop I've been to is a "Glock Armorer".

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i love my 23 by far one of the best Glocks you can get .

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Pffft . . . . armorer, schmarmorer :mrgreen:

That's one thing I really like about my G34, once I read through the armorer's manual it was nothing to detail strip it. I've since done it a couple other times.

Oh, that's another nice thing about the Glock . . . I could actually get my hands on a copy of the armorer's manual.;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Test it yourself... no need to replace the trigger.

Check clear... check clear again... one more time check clear.

Point in a safe direction and pull the trigger.

Keep the trigger down and rack the slide.

Let the trigger out slowly until you hear a click.

Pull again.

Wash rinse repeat.

Best reset on any gun out there.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
LOL the great thing about it is that almost every gunshop I've been to is a "Glock Armorer".

Yeah, most of them will be, its a one day course...not too bad, I went through it in March... Its actually alot of fun if you enjoy firearms and the insides... theres not much to a glock

There are a few things you wan to make sure of, though, when reassembling, you need to make sure that the slide release is put in after you put the first small roll pin back in but before you put the larger roll pin in, you will not get it in otherwise. If you reverse the steps, too, your slide lock will not be in the right place, the spring end will fall above the small roll pin, which can cause malfunction of the weapon.

You will have to take apart the trigger bar from the trigger, you will see the crossbar, and most likely it will be blank, if you see a + sign, you have an 8lb trigger, if you see a -, you have a 3.5 trigger. There is also an option just to buy a NY1 and NY2 trigger spring, probably easier for you?

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Pffft . . . . armorer, schmarmorer :mrgreen:

That's one thing I really like about my G34, once I read through the armorer's manual it was nothing to detail strip it. I've since done it a couple other times.

Oh, that's another nice thing about the Glock . . . I could actually get my hands on a copy of the armorer's manual.;)

Oh, no doubt, it is easy, especially with a glock. There are a bunch of thing, though, that you need to know that are not in the book, which the cert. course talks about. I would recommend if any of you can get it, its fun!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
A Ghost trigger and some polishing and spring swap can work wonders for the Glock trigger. Yes, out of the box...NO Glock trigger is nice at all, if you ask me.

I have a 3.5 pound Ghost trigger and a Wolf spring kit in my Glock 22 and love it.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Oh, no doubt, it is easy, especially with a glock. There are a bunch of thing, though, that you need to know that are not in the book, which the cert. course talks about. I would recommend if any of you can get it, its fun!
Yeh, it'd be nice to take the Glock class (I wouldn't mind picking up some other armorer "certs" as well for the heck of it), but it looks like since I'm not a gun shop employee or LE I may be out of luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The trigger is only a problem that one can get used to, just the matter of time. I'm a glock guy, and love glock's trigger more than any 1911 I ever shot. Since you are a XD man, it should take you no time to get use to glock trigger.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts