Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it shows up tomorrow from optics planet. only ordered three days ago. anyone had any experience with fire field??? I was really just taking a shot in the dark with this one. it has mil dot reticle and is an acog type style. only 120$ so I'm not expecting greatness but any previous owners .02$ would be nice. otherwise I will review it thouroghly very very soon.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The scope looks okay out of the box. First and most important to me is will it hold zero , indefinetly? don't know, I am making a range trip ASAP to test though.
I have my doubts BC the mount system looks poorly designed to me. it fits picatinny/ weaver. instead of a solid base to brag both sides of the rail there are two separate knob screw tightened clamps to lock onto the rail.
I just can't hardly imagine how this scope is going to go on the rail uncanted. I will slowly tighten each screw little by little until both are tight. I already see the dreaded lock tight coming into play, and I've never used it on anything gun related, yikes!

right out of the box I noticed it has an extremely extremely bright green laser mounted on it. glass looks just as clear as my leupolds . I won't utilize the lit reticle , brightness levels 2-5 are useless, too dang bright. setting 1, would be acceptable if one wanted to use it. mil dot feature is cool but will never be used on this rifle probably. nice feature though for gaging distances.

scope is also compact, enough for me anyway considering the magnification range. all and all, if it holds zero, it's a keeper. if not , back it goes, it will be useless.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is Fire field. yes , I own a red field. it has served me well. this was a budget scope buy. typically I wouldn't spend less then 300-400$ and even that is cheap for optics.

this one has a 3 year though.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only 120$. funny thing is I mounted it on a $109 kvar mount lol!!! only one nice part at a time round here typically. had to have something to throw on it though and I will see how this off brander holds up. It's only on a 223 AK so atleast recoil is a non issue

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally got to run this off brand scope today and success!!!!

once sighted in at 100 yds, which came easy in about 10 rounds, it held zero for the duration of the shooting right around 150 rounds. no loctite, and I don't intend to use it lol. the quick 223 1-500 yard adjustment tool worked amazingly accurate to my surprise. just click up 1- 5 and your set on target for MOsteel plate at 100 - 500 yards. I tested it out to 300 and it was on point. the green laser was visible out to 150 yards on a partly cloudy day.

I am pleasantly surprised and happy with a $120 scope , mounted on a $109 mount lol!!!!!

very decent scope as of now. if things go south I will post about it. the 2.5x mag leaves a plenty wide enough field of view for shots on the move or quick follow ups. the 10x magnification was great for the Long shots. overall it's made this 223 AK pretty darn accurate, more so than needed.
happy so far.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ran it a little harder. Yeah I made the mistake I think. So great customer Service, I can say that so far. They said they would do repair work or replace it no charge. I told them I don't want the faulty 2 piece mounting system causing it to now lose zero, also windage knob all but unscrewed off. scope cants under fire, USELESS AS IS. Could all be fixed with a single not two piece mounting bracket system. Urgghhhh. what are ya gonna do, though.

I really want a 1-6x or a 3x or 4x red dot or cross hair whatever, something more fitting for the rear of an ak (223). I got fooled on this one I think. Best part if they send me a new one I can sell this one new in box (issue fixed supposedly) and move on. any 100$ suggestion. AK 223 on warsaw kvar mount, arsenal 106. love aim point pro - not in budget now, just lightweight red dot or cross hair.
Thanks and research the mount better than I did, it appeared as a 1 piece, but SYKE.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I sell firefield optics and they are great quality... never had an unhappy customer who purchased any FF optics and their glass is very clear. Great for the price.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@Minkman555 help me out then. they have offered to exchange my scope for whatever I want in their line of products. i need something for an AK. I guess the red dots are all I see on the web site aside from the 3x combat sight, and it says unavailable so..... the only other one I see I may even like is the 1x30 red dot. I really want a reticle in the scope though, lit or unlit, I just want a crosshair for when batteries fail and some magnification would've been nice. the 2x42 scope looks good with the iron sights built on top but I don't want something that big on a warsaw mount on an AK. already made that mistake with the 2.5x10x40. It may just do BC price is similiar at $142. mine days $156 on their site.

I'm asking if the will do the 1x30 (96$) and the micro reflex ($60) to equal the 155$ value I spent. we will see???? I could find a use for the micro on something around here.

any suggestions, thanks

Firefield Victory Justifies Everything

that's my choices, and the other magnified rifle scopes as well, but they all seem bulky.

any scopes folks have raved about from firefield especially on the AK platform?? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so this company has totally redeemed itself , thus far , in customer service.

They have allowed me to outright trade for a $200 scope, when my defective one was $120 on eBay and $155 on their website.

it's a 3x w/ option 4.5x combat red dot sight. Much more suited for an AK. It has a solid one piece mount which I have faith will hold zero, unlike the 2 piece on the previous scope that allowed it to cant and wobble under Fire.

so if this sight holds up, I will have squeaked by a $120 mistake. What a relief!!! Here are the specs.

Product Optical instrument Photography Cylinder Monocular

Equipped with all the same precision features as the FF13027 Prismatic 3x30 Combat Sight, this unit includes an attachable 1.5x lens converter, significantly increasing overall shooting performance. Complete with a 4.5x magnification, the Firefield Prismatic 3x30 Combat Sight with 1.5x Lens Converter allows users to get closer to long-range targets with pin-point perfection. Engineered with an easy-grip, rubber-armored housing for exceptional durability and long-time use, the unit is built to withstand 800 gs of heavy recoil. Included with the Firefield Prismatic 3x30 Combat Sight with 1.5x Lens Converter is a lens cover and cleaning cloth for ultimate protection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts