Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was bored last night and working on my dry fire. Remembered reading about slide engraving coloring. It's a carry gun, which normally means "KISS" but boredom prevailed. I did it in crayons, so it could be easily removed. Reminds me of a SW 1911 my buddy had with gold engravings.
Not half bad actually!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That looks awesome! Came out great!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Looks nice R!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Do like!!

Will copy!!!

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Actually looks pretty cool.....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I like the gold better than the white.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Digging it, love the color choice. Not much for color fills on pistols, but this is something I can get behind. Nice!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the gold better than the white.
I do too for sure. I did one of my xdms out of boredom a year ago in white. I hated it, and removed it immediately. Slightly too flashy for my taste.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Digging it, love the color choice. Not much for color fills on pistols, but this is something I can get behind. Nice!
Thanks! I agree! I'm not really either to be honest. I chose the dark gold as a compliment. I didn't want it to stand out too much. It's very dull in person, I actually am pretty happy with it!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Overzealous prosecutor blah blah.....
It DOES actually look pretty good bro, but does anyone have pics of the crayon fill when the gun heats up? Do it get hot enough for the color to melt?

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
I used a white china pencil when I did my XD40. It has a higher melt point than crayon. I never had any issues with it coming out when it heated up, but it wasn't carried often. Too hard to conceal a Tactical model.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Overzealous prosecutor blah blah.....
It DOES actually look pretty good bro, but does anyone have pics of the crayon fill when the gun heats up? Do it get hot enough for the color to melt?
I left the top SA logo colored and it was good 1k or so rounds later, but the sides of the slide melted after sitting on my range bag in the 110 degree heat after 100 or so rounds fired. So, yes and no.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

This was all I left on the xdm. Probably 1k rounds later and maybe 2 years of carry with it on. Maybe I didn't put the sides on well enough though. They started melting pretty soon after I did them. They were too flash anyway for my taste so I removed them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts