Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kinda bored, so I tried usin the crayon technique on my lettering.
I put some red into the mag numbers too...it showed up quite well.
Painted the sights while I was at it too.....

8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
looks good, next time try not to use the flash though :shock: I was blinded by the mag pic! JK. The gun looks great!!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If I am bored I can usualy pas the time by cleaning guns. There are always soem waiting to be cleaned. Usualy good for 2 to 4 hours after that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
looks very good nice contrast .. are you melting the crayola on the lettering when you do it ?? mine dosent like to take to well, think mabe the armidillo has my lettering filled up somewhat not allowing the crayon to take good ? seems like it wipes of real easy. but that does look nice my partner did his H&K in Gold and it looks very nice ...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped....the crayon worked fine in the mags, but up close the yellow on the slide somehow is greenish in spots. Now that's it's in there, and the gun is all clean....I'm too lazy to pick it back out. I have no idea what I did wrong, maybe pushin too hard with the crayon. I did however put a coat of armadillo over top of it..in case I rubbed any of the protection off of the finish.
I did like the yellow with the OD....reminds me of ammo cans....which I think are perty.
The sights turned out alot easier to see than the standard white dots....especially since it was cheap "glow in the dark" paint :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
FatMatt1981 where can I find some of that cheap "glow in the dark" paint? I have been looking around for sight paint or something similar just to paint the dots.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just was nosin around the craft section at wallworld....they have some bright colors marked "glow in the dark" on the bottle.....I was like "Hey cool I'll just paint my sights with some of that"
I dunno if it was intended for sights.....but hey like I said....I was bored :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts