Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am planning on buying Winchester Ranger's and I find them on the ProLoad.com (Proload distrubitors) and was wondering what's the difference between bonded and regular jacketed hollow point. thanks in advance.

·
Banned
284 Posts
Ranger T ammo uses a 'Reverse Taper' jacket with 6 sharp petals that aid in terminal performance. They are tweaked Black Talons with gold instead the evil black Lubalox® bullet coating color

Bonded ammunition uses standard JHP bullets that electro-chemically bond or fuse the jacket and cores together to prevent jacket/core separation during penetration. Bonded ammunition is better suited to law enforcement where hard barriers like auto glass and sheet metal factor in.

Go with the Ranger T ammo - it's probably cheaper, too :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so does the bonded have the same characteristics like the ranger t just with deeper penetration?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Same characteristics same penetration just much less of a chance of core/jacket separation. Ideally you want the bullet to stay together so that it doesn't loose weight and end up penetrating less than the 12 inches it should.

·
Banned
284 Posts
so does the bonded have the same characteristics like the ranger t just with deeper penetration?
Two completely different bullet designs.
Ranger T ammo are not known for case/jacket separation anyway
Terminally-speaking, they're roughly equal

Federal Tactical Bonded is another excellent choice if you like shooting bonded boollits

Get the Rangers

ETA - look here:
Winchester Law Enforcement#

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The bonded bullet does not have the talons, if thats what you mean by the same characteristics.

Often on gun boards people mention core jacket seperation with Ranger T ammo. I have shot off unknown thousands of rounds since I started selling it ten years ago. I have not actually seen this happen but I have seen it in pictures on the net and a customer sent me a picture a few years ago.

Any non bonded jhp can seperate. Thats why bonded ammo was developed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts