Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may recall (if you have a mind like a steel trap) my posting about my new AR's problem of the bolt not locking back on an empty magazine.

Several suggestions were made, including it just needs to be broken in (shoot more--I can handle that!), to make sure it's lubed up correctly (this helped), and even that the followers were at fault (this from a local LEO who looked at it).

I ordered some Gen III Magpul followers and put them in the metal magazines I had which were not allowing the bolt to lock back (I have a magpul which *did* work correctly). Guess what? It's now locking back on all the magazines. The followers did the trick. The other suggestions were good too, and I've kept it lubed up.

I had it out shooting today and was very happy with the accuracy. I was trying out various handloads, shooting w/ the chronometer for velocity information, and it all did very well. At one point I had a 5-shot group at 15 yards that could be covered by a nickel, this with my holding the rifle in both hands with elbows on a table, and using iron sights only.

I never did post any pics of my rifle, so let me remedy that right now:

Thanks to all who have helped and offered advice; amazing resource, this XDTalk place. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
glad to hear you were able to work the problem out yourself.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
when you come down to pic up your daughters stuff bring that bad boy with and we will hit up the gun range and i will bring out a few of mine it will be a Blast (Pun Intended) then we can go grab a bite to eat and a few beers then i will show you around OKC maybe hit a strip club or two if your in to that sorta thing (im not but hey we got one here that plays sports on a big screen and has good picture beer prices:D

if your more of a hole in the wall beer bar kinda guy im sure we can find some of them to.

nice rifle BTW glad it was a simple fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts