Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in the Boy Scouts many years ago, one of our guys had a stainless steel fishing rod that measured maybe 24".

I used some google-fu and came across this site. This gear really has my attention as far as size and capability.

http://www.emmrod.com/

The break down and store pretty well too...

Videos here: Media

According to their product page, their Pro Staffer in Florida caught 150lb tarpon with the dual tip rod end.

Weights and measures:
Packer®: 9oz./22.5" assembled
Packrod Spin®: 8oz./24" assembled
Packrod Cast®: 7.5oz./23" assembled
Kayak King®: 9oz./27.5" assembled
Rugged Flex Spin®: 8oz./27" assembled
Rugged Flex Cast®: 9oz./27" assembled
Mountaineer®: 8.5oz./25" assembled
Combat Rod®: 8oz./19" assembled
Stream Master®: 8.5oz./32" assembled

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
If I was stocking a BOB, I wouldn't buy anything from an infomercial.
I picked up a miracle blade3 at a rummage sale. it seams to work pretty good. I've picked up a few things labelled "as seen on TV" Really, none of it has been too bad.

That little fishing pole made him enough money to start his info-empire. its probably not half bad. like I said before, all you really need is a bit of line and a hook. even if it breaks on you, you can still salvage that much from it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've purchased a couple different "pocket" fishing gear rigs. Every time I tested them out they were total junk and broke after one or two uses. I would suggest just packing a little line, a few hooks, and maybe a couple plastic worms and go 'cane pole' fishing if the need arises.

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
If you are looking for a "trunk rod" you can get telescoping poles that go from over 6' and collapse down to well under 2'.

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
A spool or two of mono-filament fishing line and a crap load of various sized hooks is all you absolutely need. Just tie some on a stick with a hook and a worm on the end and you'll catch something.

A bit of 6 lb test also works great as emergency sewing thread.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts