Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do not use your OnStar then this is a pretty slick way to use your own phone with all the built in features in your vehicle.

Steering wheel control
DIC display
Radio display
Auto radio mute
Automatically turns down fan
Caller ID display on some vehicles

This is very easy to install once you locate your OnStar unit, you just unplug two wiring harnesses and plug this in, uses factory wiring.

That's it, you're done and you can now pair your phone to the device and begin making hands free calls just like you do with OnStar, only you use your own plan.

$200 shipped

More info:
costartech.com - BlueSTAR

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Any idea if this would allow me to play my iPod through my speakers of my '06 Sierra? I'd kill for a way to do this....the wife has an input jack for hers, but I'm stuck with those sucky FM transmitters.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's working on it, I think it's called A2DP. It could also allow GPS navigation on your phone to be spoken through the speakers as well. As it is however, I believe it's only the front speakers. There is a jack on the unit for headphones, so I believe that might be what the designer will use so the audio will play through all speakers when in this mode but I'm not 100% positive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts