Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a XD that is 2 years old. His bluing is starting to come off. Is this normal or is it a problem that has been fixed with the newer ones?

I know what common ware looks like and this is just coming off faster than just normal ware. Has anyone herd of any issues concerning this.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
i personally have not, I would tell you friend to contact Springfield they have great customer service and I'm sure would be glad to help.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Check these guys out NIC Industries - Firearm Coatings

They can do any combo of colors and have a cool online tool that will let you 'see' how the different colors look: NIC Industries - Virtual Gun Coater

They refinished several magazines, a full Kimber 1911 and an upper of an XD Sub-Compact. All work was nothing less than perfect and the prices were great too.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have an old XD that is starting to look really dull. As soon as I get my Christmas Glock, I'll probably send the XD to Robar for some NP3 goodness. Not for sure how it will look with the OD green frame though, as the NP3 is a satin silver.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I have an old XD that is starting to look really dull. As soon as I get my Christmas Glock, I'll probably send the XD to Robar for some NP3 goodness. Not for sure how it will look with the OD green frame though, as the NP3 is a satin silver.
It will look a little bit like this.
I used to "pft" the idea of an OD ( or in this case FDE ) with a SS slide but I got to say IN PERSON it looks pretty darn good!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
2 years old? Umm... I'd contact Springfield. Screw paying money fore a new coating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts