Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for a poll on this since i'm considering getting another xd, this one with a stainless slide. simply, which do you prefer and why?

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you like two tone guns, the stainless is sweet looking.

I've got a black (blued) subcompact that looks amazing too.

If you're going to carry it, get the black one, not as shiny. Posts here have proven that the stainless isn't rust-proof, so that issue is a moot point here. Stainless is just too cool looking too pass up too. I don't know what to tell you.

-stunks

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
It really is just a matter of preference. Some like two-tone, some don't. I prefer my sigs in two-tone, but I love my xd's in all black. Just get which ever one you like best.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I prefer the looks of two-tone but the carry functionality of "black" or "blued".

Stainless really is stainless steel.

"Blued" is really brurinol proprietary finish, which is generally crap if you arent diligent about cleaning and coating.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought the stainless,just because I live in a humid, salty environment.
I know nothing is completely stainless, but it has to be better. As far as flashy,, I carry concealed,, if I ever have to draw on someone, I don't really care how flashy it is. If I ever get tired of stainless, I will have it done in OD green to match my H&K USP..

B.G

·
Registered
603 Posts
bgf said:
I bought the stainless,just because I live in a humid, salty environment.
I know nothing is completely stainless, but it has to be better. As far as flashy,, I carry concealed,, if I ever have to draw on someone, I don't really care how flashy it is. If I ever get tired of stainless, I will have it done in OD green to match my H&K USP..

B.G
I'm contemplating getting my XD hard chromed... I have a birthday coming up in a week and think that might make a good present. ;) I was thinking along the same lines about how 'flashiness' is a moot point.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The University of Florida did a study and concluded that a shiney gun was identified a being more of a threat than a black gun. When I worked with the Florida Highway Patrol in the 70's the only gun authorized was a nickel plated Smith or Colt 357. Some said it was the percieved difference between a knife (shiney) and a tire iron (black).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts