Springfield XD Forum banner

blued or stainless?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mcb 
#1 ·
Do you have a blued or bitone xd? Do you have any regrets or advice to hand along regarding the finish?

#3 ·
go with the stainless, its what i have and i love it, it looks great, almost zero maintainence needed. you can leave it out in the rain, rubb it in the dirt, hell i even accidentally have dropped it on hard surfaces. not even a scratch and never even a hint of rust.

#4 ·
If you go blued, y ou are going to want to get it refinished for sure. NP3 Robar finish or perhaps consider going with either a Cobra coat or satin-finish chrome, depending on the look, feel, and style that you would like.

The finish on the blued handguns is not well regarded. The brurinal finish is ok... SO LONG AS you are down-right religious in your cleaning and you arent one of those with corrosive sweat.

#5 ·
i hvae the bitone and i love it. I like the fact that it adds a little bling. I also appreciate the fact that its easier to maintain and its also easier to notice when you haven't done a good job cleaning the slide. For an extra 30 dollars or so i think its worth it. If i had to do it all over again, i'd still get the bitone and i'm actually even considering getting a matching subcompact.

#8 ·
Corey G said:
Almost everything I have is Stainless or coated to look silver so thats my thing, but something about it just makes people think you mean business.
No, what makes people think you mean business is white crayon all over the stamps on your slide. They be all like, "werd" and stuff. :)

Anyway, I'll be the lone defender of the blued finish and say that I'm not religious about cleaning my gun; I just do a good job. Nothing special. If you negelect it though, it will rust. Just how it is. But who neglects a gun, anyway?

#9 ·
All my guns are blued or parkerized. I don't own a single stainless or silver gun. Uhgg :( , I just don't like the looks of stainless. Looks likes too much bling bling :p and not enough bang bang :twisted: . The only compromise I would make on that is I am serious considering a titanium or stainless snub nose revolver for concealed carry. For functional reasons I could tolerate the silver finish.

mcb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.