Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I coated my Xd bitone with blue wonder armadillo last week, and this week as I have been practicing my dry firing, I have noticed that a lot of gunk has been building up on the slide, which it did not do before. Has any one else noticed this? It happens mostly near the back where I rack the slide. - BLake

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gunk??? Do you mean that some of the wax is building up, or do you mean like greas or oil from inside the slide???

Semper Fi,
Cowboy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I did not specify - Yeah, it is in the grooves. Im not sure what it is. It may just be grease from my hands, and a combination of oil from the gun and maybe some excess wax that i did not completly buff off.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
It sounds like you have some extra wax that is finding its way into the grooves. Easy solution is to get a tooth brush a scrub. Once that is done, buff your slide with a soft cloth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem. After you let it sit, buff off the excess. Then use a toothpick, or something simular to pick the dried wax out from the grooves. Armadillo is awesome! You can put some water on your slide and watch it bead off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
87-51 said:
I believe Armadillo is the cure for the XD finish problem. I've had ZERO rust after using it a few times.
Absolutely agreed. I've had no finish troubles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but I wouldn't mind sending my XD back to Springfield and have them Armory Kote the entire gun in OD Green like XDGlockGuy's 5". That thing is sweet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts