Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a very "blue" anti-gun state and can't have handgun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. What's the best way to block the 9mm magazines?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I could be mistaken but if I remember correctly simply blocking them won't be accepted, theyhave to be permanently modified.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Buy 10rd mags, or better yet, move somewhere else.
:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ya, I'm going through the same thing. Blocking them wont work, you have to pin them so the follower wont go lower than 10 rounds. A few people I talked to said that I could use a punch and put a divit in the mag on both sides so the slider wont go any further. They said it should be done with something in the mag to make sure that it will be pinned exactly where it needs to be, and not just dented in. If its not done correctly the follower can get stuck and it wont feed.

·
Registered
19,692 Posts
seams like if you used a full sized block that the springs sits on top of and cut the spring to fit, that should fly. the mag wouldn't work without the block because the spring would be too short, but when you move to a free state, you can just buy new springs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Yup the ammo capacity reduction has to be sadly permanent. Such a shame. We even have to reduce AR-15. M-1 carbine magazines to 10 rounds or less. Come with living in a Blue state that thinks our president is wonderful no matter what.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks guys!

Yup the ammo capacity reduction has to be sadly permanent. Such a shame. We even have to reduce AR-15. M-1 carbine magazines to 10 rounds or less. Come with living in a Blue state that thinks our president is wonderful no matter what.
You gotta move. Sounds like the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Don't try to shade-tree engineer your carry mags that MIGHT (or might not) be 100% reliable. Stop being cheap and buy a REAL factory 10-rounder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So where can I buy factory 10 rounds for the XDm 9mm? You sound like you know of a source. Yes I do prefer to get a factory 10 rounder instead of modifying one. But the last I heard Springfield doesn't make such an item. You have more current inforamtion? Much thanks if you do.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
So where can I buy factory 10 rounds for the XDm 9mm? You sound like you know of a source. Yes I do prefer to get a factory 10 rounder instead of modifying one. But the last I heard Springfield doesn't make such an item. You have more current inforamtion? Much thanks if you do.
If Springfield sells the gun in CA, they HAVE to have to round mags. Give them a call. Also, I believe the XD9SC used to come with a 10 round mag before the 13 round was introduced.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Its only illegal if u get caught! :twisted:
No. It's illegal even if you don't get caught. Is cheaping out on magazines worth a tour of the CA justice system? You just know that some lib prosecutor would love to make an example of an otherwise lawabiding citizen. It would be a stupid thing to ruin your life for.
Risk vs. reward in something like this? For me, never, YMMV.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys

Thanks for the tips. But I am pretty sure the XD mags don't fit the XDm. Currently Springfield has yet to come out with a 10 rounder for the XDm. Just a matter of time. Maybe the XDm is too new. After market stuff should be available. But the question of reliable feed is a concern.

BTW: In some blue state possession of a more than 10 round mag is a misdemeanor. (one year in jail for each mag!) and inserted in the handgun is a felony ( 5 years in jail). Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
That's just sickening. :evil:

Better send me your HIGH CAPACITY magazines before you get yourself in trouble.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
No one sales the 10 round xdm mags and tje xd mags don't work . The angle of the grip is different I talked to the attourny generals office firearms division and they said as long as tje block can't be removed with out a tool it is legal so epoxy a plate to the inside rear of the mag and it takes a hammer and chisel to het it out so it is legal . Same concept as a bullet button for a AR 15 the is always a loop hole and the people in charge were kind enough to tell me when I asked nicely

·
Registered
575 Posts
Somewhat new to firearms here. What is the concept of the bullet button on the AR platform? I know what an AR is but haven't heard of the bullet button yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts