Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Walmart earlier today and noticed that they had 9mm and .40 in Blazer Brass, not alluminum. $4.27 for 9mm 115gr fmj and $7.57 for .40 180gr fmj. (50 round boxes)
If you don't live where there's an Academy outdoors selling the 9mm alluminum blazer for $3.86 then this is the cheapest alternative that I've seen.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
HighVelocity said:
I was in Walmart earlier today and noticed that they had 9mm and .40 in Blazer Brass, not alluminum. $4.27 for 9mm 115gr fmj and $7.57 for .40 180gr fmj. (50 round boxes)
If you don't live where there's an Academy outdoors selling the 9mm alluminum blazer for $3.86 then this is the cheapest alternative that I've seen.
Wow, they've definitely lowered the price. They musta gotten wise to Academy because the blazer brass at academy is $4.88 per 50 last I checked.

I stick with the regular $3.86 blazer anyway but it's good to know for future reference.

brad cook

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use Blazer Brass from Walmart all the time. It is just as cheap as WWB and better stuff IMO. The 45ACP is $9.97 for 50rnds and I bought them out. I just picked up 150rnds of Blazer in 40S&W for $7.?? something. The only thing that I dont like about the stuff in 40 is it is 180grns and my XD perfers 165grns.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I checked WalMart for WWB and found that they were asking over $7 a box, so it is a wast of time for me to go back and see what they have. I guess here in CA, they just sell it for more, but the local gun store sells Blazer Brass for $5 with a cupon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here in minnesota we get the same ammo from walmart for 5.47 a box but since i started workign at the local gun shop i get PMC ammo for 4.50 a box.. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I have shot 1000's of rounds on Blazer aluminum cases thru my Kimber never any probs.I bought a box of 45acp brass in Blazer and had some ftf and fte,hummmmm...................

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I'm headed for Wal-Mart.............soon!

Thanks for the tip! :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I like the Blazer Brass better than the WWB stuff. It feeds smoother for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
intresting, CCI Blazer Brass from walmart, doesn't cause anyone else any harm. I am a recent shooter but I picked up 500 round at walmart of the WWB when I first bought my gun and didnt have any problems at all.

Next time I went to the range I didnt have alot of time so I just bought the Blazer Brass, 150 rounds I had 6jams. I also noticed it to be extremly dirtier than the WWB. Even my fingers where black.

I am still learning to shoot though and that was my second time at the range so I have been experimenting with different ways to grip the gun, harder and softer, maybe I (limp wristed) as I am told can cause a FTF. Who knows

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.