Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Walmart earlier today and noticed that they had 9mm and .40 in Blazer Brass, not alluminum. $4.27 for 9mm 115gr fmj and $7.57 for .40 180gr fmj. (50 round boxes)
If you don't live where there's an Academy outdoors selling the 9mm alluminum blazer for $3.86 then this is the cheapest alternative that I've seen.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
HighVelocity said:
I was in Walmart earlier today and noticed that they had 9mm and .40 in Blazer Brass, not alluminum. $4.27 for 9mm 115gr fmj and $7.57 for .40 180gr fmj. (50 round boxes)
If you don't live where there's an Academy outdoors selling the 9mm alluminum blazer for $3.86 then this is the cheapest alternative that I've seen.
Wow, they've definitely lowered the price. They musta gotten wise to Academy because the blazer brass at academy is $4.88 per 50 last I checked.

I stick with the regular $3.86 blazer anyway but it's good to know for future reference.

brad cook

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 40 got me excited because my Kel-Tec sub2000 will not function properly with the Alluminum blazer and $7.57 for Brass is the cheapest I've seen. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use Blazer Brass from Walmart all the time. It is just as cheap as WWB and better stuff IMO. The 45ACP is $9.97 for 50rnds and I bought them out. I just picked up 150rnds of Blazer in 40S&W for $7.?? something. The only thing that I dont like about the stuff in 40 is it is 180grns and my XD perfers 165grns.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I checked WalMart for WWB and found that they were asking over $7 a box, so it is a wast of time for me to go back and see what they have. I guess here in CA, they just sell it for more, but the local gun store sells Blazer Brass for $5 with a cupon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here in minnesota we get the same ammo from walmart for 5.47 a box but since i started workign at the local gun shop i get PMC ammo for 4.50 a box.. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I have shot 1000's of rounds on Blazer aluminum cases thru my Kimber never any probs.I bought a box of 45acp brass in Blazer and had some ftf and fte,hummmmm...................

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought another box of 100 WWB for $15.98

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I'm headed for Wal-Mart.............soon!

Thanks for the tip! :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I like the Blazer Brass better than the WWB stuff. It feeds smoother for me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Blazer Brass is more accurate out of my HK USP. I thought it was me when I was shooting WWB until I switched and was Point of Aim.

·
Registered
171 Posts
intresting, CCI Blazer Brass from walmart, doesn't cause anyone else any harm. I am a recent shooter but I picked up 500 round at walmart of the WWB when I first bought my gun and didnt have any problems at all.

Next time I went to the range I didnt have alot of time so I just bought the Blazer Brass, 150 rounds I had 6jams. I also noticed it to be extremly dirtier than the WWB. Even my fingers where black.

I am still learning to shoot though and that was my second time at the range so I have been experimenting with different ways to grip the gun, harder and softer, maybe I (limp wristed) as I am told can cause a FTF. Who knows

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My wally world doesnt sell blazer ammo ... :cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
You do realize the rest of this thread is from 2005. If you spent 10 dollars for 50 rds that is actually less than the average of 12.47 its now going for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man,

I looked at those prices and said dude I need to get to Texas tomorrow. Course that would have been 2 years too late.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts