Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like the holster? Comfortable? Easy to reholster?

Reholstering is pretty important to me as well as the comfort. I have a Don Hume right now and it's very comfortable, but hard to reholster quickly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
jetsiphon said:
How do you like the holster? Comfortable? Easy to reholster?

Reholstering is pretty important to me as well as the comfort. I have a Don Hume right now and it's very comfortable, but hard to reholster quickly.
I don't have a UHC but I have an IWB with light from BT as well as a BT double mag carrier. I've also used a few other BT hoslters. Overall there stuff is absoultly top notch. Probally some of the best if not the best Kydex on the market. I've found it to be very easy to reholster because it doesn't collapse at all. I also find it to be comfortable. But I've got limited experince with leather holsters.

On reholstering quickly. Unless your a cop or a mil guy what's the need for a 'speed reholster'. Take your time. Make sure all the threats are down. Then sweep everything out of the way and make sure nothing gets caught inbetween the gun.

I'd say give the UHC a shot, everything else I have from blade tech was 110% worth the money.

Chris

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crofrog said:
On reholstering quickly. Unless your a cop or a mil guy what's the need for a 'speed reholster'. Take your time. Make sure all the threats are down. Then sweep everything out of the way and make sure nothing gets caught inbetween the gun.
Chris
'Eh, I'm just a bit tired of always fighting with this Hume that's collapses every time I draw. Just gets a bit annoying always fighting with it on the range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
jetsiphon said:
crofrog said:
Chris
'Eh, I'm just a bit tired of always fighting with this Hume that's collapses every time I draw. Just gets a bit annoying always fighting with it on the range.
Oh I understand compeltly. Just making sure you wheren't trying to shove it in there real quick. That could be bad, and painful.

Really try the blade tech stuff. I love it and have never heard anything bad about. Really top notch, sorta pricey, but you only pay for quality once :)

Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an UCH for my XD-40 Service.

I like it. It holds the gun very securely, the long tongue of kydex that presses against the body keeps the weapon away from your clothes, and it can nestle the weapon right into my waist.

The only thing that bothers me is that the belt loop is on the holster body, whereas some other rigs (that I don't have) use two loops on either side of the holster itself. This makes the UCH at least feel a little thick on your belt. Still, if you can conceal the belt loop, the gun will disappear.

Just wear your pants a little high, keep your belt firm, and get the grip of the weapon into your waist so that it disappears. After that, you should be pretty comfortable. And you'll still be able to get a good, solid purchase on the grip. Still, load up a snap cap and practice, practice, practice.

As for reholstering, I wouldn't worry about getting it in fast. When I reholster, I move my thumb over and onto the back of the slide, which allows the grip safety to go back to work and keeps the slide secure during holstering. With that done, it drops in nicely and clicks. Of course, part of using any Blade-Tech holster is the fine-tuning of the tension screws. Do that, and it will behave exactly as you want it to.

I shot a night-shooting workshop last night, and in one stage I drew from the UCH and fired. Despite it's snugness to the body, it worked like a charm. Shooting my new weapon, one-handed, in the dark, while working a surefire... that was more of a challenge.

·
Registered
81 Posts
He just reminded me. Make sure you get it with belt loops. It's much stronger than the tek-lock system. I've heard of alot of people breaking the tek-lock just putting it on and off. Where as the belt loops are rock solid.

Chris

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
one handed reholstering is not a problem unless your cover shirt gets stuck as it slides in :? however a very quality holster

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
crofrog said:
I've heard of alot of people breaking the tek-lock just putting it on and off.
Huh? You have heard of alot of the Tek-Loks breaking? I have not heard of a single one breaking in nearly 3 years. Beyond the rigs we have sold with the setup and all of the guys who I know use them daily or for competition, not a single breakage. Sure, loops are solid, but you need to remove your belt to remove the holster. With the Tek-Lok, this is not required.

IMHO, which may mean little to some, the Tek-Lok is just as solid as loops and more versatile too.

OS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Old School said:
crofrog said:
I've heard of alot of people breaking the tek-lock just putting it on and off.
Huh? You have heard of alot of the Tek-Loks breaking? I have not heard of a single one breaking in nearly 3 years. Beyond the rigs we have sold with the setup and all of the guys who I know use them daily or for competition, not a single breakage. Sure, loops are solid, but you need to remove your belt to remove the holster. With the Tek-Lok, this is not required.

IMHO, which may mean little to some, the Tek-Lok is just as solid as loops and more versatile too.

OS
There have been issues with them being weaker than belt loops in weapon retention situation's, as well as having issues dumping guns when chasing people down.

Also on my bladetech and the ones I've played with there are snaps on the loops. Allowing you to remove it. I'd rather have loops on the holster and tek-lok on the mag pouchs and less critical things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts