Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this holster? I need a good, but affordable, IWB holster for my XD-9 service. It would be primarily for carrying for extended periods of time- all day, etc.

I want something comfortable as well as quick to access and obviously easily concealed. There was a post in here somewhere about a nice looking nylon IWB for pretty cheap, but I can't find it anymore. I believe it had a mag pouch too.

Any comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have one that I bought from a forum member, and I realy like it. I have it set up for a straight vertical draw, tried it canted and didn't like it. I have used it alot since I got it, and I don't know if any holster is realy comfortable, some are just less uncomfortable them others, and this ons has never rubbed me the wrong way. As far as quick goes it's almost as fast as the Comp-Tec holster I use for USPSA, and concealable, I cover mine up with a Tee shirt or a sweatshirt, and you can't tell it's there (I'm about 5'11",165lbs).
As far as nylon IWB holsters go, I have some but I don't realy like them much, I like a holster that I can reholster my gun with one hand. With most nylon holsters you need to open the holster with one hand while holstering with the other.
Of course leather is the most comfortable, but not cheep, and they take forever to get.
If that helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Blade-Tech UCH, though since I live in Los Angeles, I only use it for Concealed Carry around the house.

Having no experience with other IWB holsters, I still like it. I also tried canted, but I found it doesn't conceal as well. Instead, I simply install the holster onto my belt configured for straight drop, then cant the entire assembly slightly so that the XD's grip nestles into my kidney.

With the XD holstered in it, you can still get ahold of the grip very easily. It draws cleanly and the long tongue of kydex on the inside half helps guide the weapon back in and keep your skin/shirt away from the mouth.

Being a bit hippy in my build, I'm not an ideal concealed weapons guy. That being said, I was able to hide an XD service while standing using a loose t-shirt and jeans. You just have to be careful when bending over or twisting, but I assume that's true of all concealment rigs.

It's fairly comfortable sitting. I find if I fasten my belt too losely, it drifts down towards the couch. Still, I sat in it for hours, and I only noticed it because it was the first time I wore the thing.

My tips: Don't get chubby, keep your belt tight to suppor the weapon, and don't be afraid to play with it a little until it sits just right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the detailed review, Doc.

I actually carry up front, right next to Mr. Jimmy so bending/leaning over isn't really an issue. I'm more comfortable that way and also feel I can access my weapon more quickly and effectively positioned at about 1:00. I'll be picking up one of these holsters once some extra cash comes my way.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Awsome holster! Truly one handed reholstering on mine. Very comfortable also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts