Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd like to know the same. If I could find a local retailer who carries it, I'd go buy one. But a preview from a current owner would be nice before I dive into an internet order.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Ive been looking to get one, and have dropped a few hints to my GF...so we will see if I get one for my B day on the 27th...If I get it I will let you know how it is.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The real important part of a good shoulder holster is the harness itself and not the holster. Personally I have never had good luck with non leather narrow harnesses like shown. The added stiffness of the leather mounting system seems to hold up better. The 2 shoulder holster I think work best are the Galco Miami Classic Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters and the Fist vertical FIST, INC. . Neither are cheap, but both offer a good mounting system.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have not tried the Blackhawk shoulder holster, but there is no replacement for a good quality holster. And those usually cost some money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not tried the Blackhawk shoulder holster, but there is no replacement for a good quality holster. And those usually cost some money.
My interest in one is two fold:

1. To save money and increase the usefullness of the sherpa I already own

2. I'm not a suit wearing guy. My shoulder holster interest is not for formal events, but more for extreme outdoor activities where the gun needs more protection from the elements than a hip holster can provide. But I still have the need to get at it quickly (bear).

·
Registered
12 Posts
using this exact combination.

I have one but instead of a 9MM I was issued an M-4----- So my holster is in my kit bad..... Might get a 9MM if someone gets refrad'ed out of theater......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts