Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the BalckHawk SERPA hold the XD tight against the body or is there a gap? If anyone has pictures from the front and back it would be great.

Thanks,
ralst4

·
Registered
397 Posts
I hope these pics help.

This is the front view
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the back view
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the side view

of course the spare tire does close the gap a bit :oops:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paranoid!!

That's exactly what I needed to see. And I have one of those spare tires to, it just help keep the gun from printing :D .

·
Registered
454 Posts
that seems to hold tight. I might have to look into 1 of those. Anyone else with input good or bad?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd highly recommend the CQC Serpa holster. I've had one for my XD40 for a few months now and absolutely love it! I've been shooting IDPA "funshoots" with this setup about once a week. Other than taking a short time to get used to drawing with the retention feature (literally a few draws) I have not noticed any decrease in draw speed...then again I was never that fast to begin with. I've never had this hold my XD loose. As a matter of fact, I have the tension screw backed almost all of the way off and the Serpa feature does all of the retention...still no rattles. It's light yet very sturdy and holds a lot tighter to the body than my old Fobus ever did. Plus, Blackhawk give you both a belt and paddle attachment. Never thought twice about this purchase!

·
Registered
454 Posts
What should I expect to pay for one??

·
Registered
224 Posts
When I bought mine, I think I paid around $45 or so for the carbon fiber finish one. All black finish is slightly cheaper I think. I bought it from a random online store because the XD models were just barely hitting the market and none of the forum sponsors carried them. Blackhawk also makes some pretty kick ass modular mag holders in the CQC line as well. Check their website for more info. That being said, you can get a pretty good deal here:

http://www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=22

Pistol Gear is run by one of the forum admins (Old School) and is a forum sponsor. He'll hook you up right. Ebay or another store may have some new ones for slightly cheaper, but you never know the reputation of who your are buying from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts