Springfield XD Forum banner

Blackhawk Serpa CQC

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  INMY01TA 
#1 ·
I picked up a Blackhawk SERPA CQC holster this summer for my XDS .45 and just started using it since the weather became cooler. So far it works well. I've used this holster for my M9 for years when I was in the Army so I'm used to it . Anyone else using this holster? Do you like it? My summer holster is a Desantis IWB holster with thumb break. Love that holster once I broke it in.

#2 ·
Greetings Sgt_Major,

Since this was posted in November, 4 days after the USMC Birthday (pardon, I was busy that day), I'll bite. The Blackhawk SERPA CQC holster is great. A SERPA CQC holster is great. Blackhawk puts out some quality products.

That being said, a high number of shooters are not familiar with this positive retention holster and some (probably most) seasons shooters who have bought it, have not done the proper training with it to ensure their own (and others) safety. One individual, under duress for an IDPA match, pulled his 9mm during a timed stage and launched the round down the back of his leg.

I would recommend training and this holster for open carry situations, particularly in harsh environments. I wear my britches too tight to carry inside the waist. That being said, for concealed carry, I would offer a Colt Combat Commander for it being thin. Glocks / Springfield XDs & XDms are just a little too thick for me to want to pack them in a concealed carry format.
I have carried a SERPA model Sportster (not sure of the brand) under a huge shirt that I wore. The SERPA Sportster had a low front leaving an exposed ejection port but covers the trigger and guard well. Once released from it's holster, the pistol can be rotated to come into play against an adversary quite quickly.

#3 ·
I drank the Serpa cool aid twice, I've got a Serpa for XD and a 92FS. I decided that I'd probably send a round into my leg and now choose a holster with a thumb break if I need locking holster. It's kinda like "I'm just going to put the tip in" and voila, munchkins galore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.