Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from 9 days of archery elk hunting in Colorado, carrying my XD45 compact in a Blackhawk Serpa cqc with the paddle attachment. 99% of the time I had a 20+ pound backpack with water/ gear in it, which has a padded hip belt which 'rode' on my hip, just above the holster. Hiking hard up/down mountains, climbing over blown-down trees, crouching, sitting- you name it.

I want to say I never knew I had a holster on my hip, many times I'd reach down to just "make sure" it was still there, and the gun was accessible for bear/cougar problems if they had arisen. All I saw was bear and cougar skat in the national forest, so there was never a need to use it.

A great product, I recommend it highly. Here's my combo, I did a home-camo job on the Blackhawk with Krylon flat camo paint and some leaves as a template.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I've got that holster for my 1911's and I agree, quite possibly the best belt/paddle holster of that type and style on the market!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I am a huge fan of the CQC Serpa as well. The paddle and mount is very secure, and the retention system is solid as well. If I am going to be moving, hiking, climbing, etc. there is no better holster. Can't beat the price either!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks on the paint job comment. If you look carefully, before painting I put a small piece of the camo grip tape (I found it at a local skateboarding shop in a mall, talk about a cross-cultural experience :)) and put it on the release tab on the Blackhawk, it's a bit more tactical when I reach for the holster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts