Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I need to know is do all of the Blackhawk CQC holster fit full size XD's?
The reason I ask it that some photos of these holsters appear to be short but nothing on the web site says what size they accept. I know some are for compacts but nothing really says if the holster is for a compact or not.
I want a CQC in Carbon Fiber to suit a full size HS2000 (XD).
Any help will greatfully be accepted yet I suppose a smack in the head will probably be heading my way.
Cheers
Mulder
PS I did a search of this site but could find an answer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just ordered one with SERPA TECHNOLOGY in Matte finish for my XD9 4".

Once I mess with it I will try to post a review of sorts.

Hope I didn't make a misstake with this purchase, but I have been wanting one since I read about them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have 2 CQC holsters w/o the Serpa lock, they will fit either the Service or Tactical models.

I use them shooting USPSA matches and like them very much, they are very smooth to from compared to other holsters I tried.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I use mine with an XD9 for IDPA, works great.

·
Registered
397 Posts
from what I am reading, looks like I made a good choice.......can't wait to get it!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have a serpa for my 1911

comes with a paddle and a belt loop

nice rig

in fact I got and xd gear holster with my xd-40
(sorry Springfield that thing is crap!) :(

pistolgear.com Blackhawk serpa here I come
:p

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou for the reply gentlemen. I wrote another toppic reguarding postage of items to Australia. I got this reply today for a CQC Holster.

Sir:
Yes that holster will fit the Springfield XD, your shipping costs will be
UPS-EXPRESS: $76.38
USPS-GLOBAL EXPRESS: $75.26

If you have anymore questions please feel to contact us.

Thats almost twice as much for postage as what the holster costs. Geez it woud only be $10 to $15 by Global Express. I wonder if they will think I will buy it for that price?
Cheers
Mulder

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I was you, I would do an online search for the holster and find a cheaper source with shipping. You could almost build your own for that price plus the shipping. As for the SERPA, I just received mine a few days ago for my XD9 and its a little loose for the 9 it works great and I like it.

Bill...... :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nmarlowe I have sent an email to that bloke. now to wait for a reply.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Mulder

·
Registered
381 Posts
mulder said:
nmarlowe I have sent an email to that bloke. now to wait for a reply.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Mulder
If he doesn't, PM me, I'll order one and have it shipped to my house. Then, I can ship it to Aussiland. no extra fee. just the holster plus its shipping, plus whatever shipping you want to Australia. It'll take longer. But, it's an option if you need it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That would be the same fella I got mine from! Good guy to deal with, just takes a little time to reply to e-mails :? Mabye it will be different for you!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the offer slow poke, I will keep you in mind if things go belly up. I got an email back within 24 hours and I supplied my address to him to get the shipping quote.
As i have said before it always amazes me that people I dont even know will go out of their way to do things for fellow forum members. I tip my hat to you slowpoke. Thanks heaps
Cheers
David

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This quote is NOT from the ebay guy.
How can you justify this quote for postage?

International: $85.00 USD (If actual shipping charges
amount to more than $85 USD, you will be charged for
the additional shipping fees.)

Get real a 4.4 pound parcel cost less than this and the holster weighs just over half a pound! JEEEZZZZZ

·
Registered
452 Posts
That does sound like a hose job on the shipping. According to the good old USPS web site for a 1 pound package it would only be in the $14.50-$20.50 range.

Global Express Mail (estimated 3-5 day delivery time) is $20.50
Airmail Parcel Post (estimated 4-10 day delivery time) is $14.50

Wow, I checked Fedex and UPS, even with the discounted rates my company pays they were both cost more than $70. :cry:

I second Slow Poke's offer and I may be able to go a step further because I've actually got one of the CQC Holsters with the carbon-fiber finish sitting brand new and unused still in the original package sitting at my place. I use the matte black finish version for USPSA/IPSC, long sotry how I ended up with an extra.

Anyway, I would be willing to send it to you for the cost of the holster plus shipping to the land down under if you wanted to trust the United States Postal Service... If you want to PM your city and ZIP (I think you use zip codes??), then I'll double check the shipping cost with the local post office to be sure the website is correct on the prices.

·
Registered
381 Posts
j2fast said:
That does sound like a hose job on the shipping. According to the good old USPS web site for a 1 pound package it would only be in the $14.50-$20.50 range.

Global Express Mail (estimated 3-5 day delivery time) is $20.50
Airmail Parcel Post (estimated 4-10 day delivery time) is $14.50

Wow, I checked Fedex and UPS, even with the discounted rates my company pays they were both cost more than $70. :cry:

I second Slow Poke's offer and I may be able to go a step further because I've actually got one of the CQC Holsters with the carbon-fiber finish sitting brand new and unused still in the original package sitting at my place. I use the matte black finish version for USPSA/IPSC, long sotry how I ended up with an extra.

Anyway, I would be willing to send it to you for the cost of the holster plus shipping to the land down under if you wanted to trust the United States Postal Service... If you want to PM your city and ZIP (I think you use zip codes??), then I'll double check the shipping cost with the local post office to be sure the website is correct on the prices.
If he's got it, I'd go through him. I'm going to be away from my puter for the next week or so. If you still need it when I come back, I'll hook you up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks fellas. I have pm'ed j2fast. I recieved a quote from that fella on ebay but I think he got me mixed up with someone else so I am asking for clarification on the offer. Its easier to pay him as he accepts paypal and I can save over $20 this way. If it doesnt pan out I will be in contact. I hope you have a good time in what ever you are doing slowpoke. HAve fun and thanks again fellas.
Mulder

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read in the other article that your 9mm rattles in the holster and the adaptor to fix it is not yet available from blackhawk to fix it. I am wondering if its just the serpa or the normal retention type of holster thats the problem. I dont know why there would be a problem as all XD's are the same size reguardless of calibre size. ( I not talking about a compact versus a full size here i am talking physical sizes, you get my drift?)
I would be interested Dotagious is your holster a serpa or normal type?
Mulder

1 - 20 of 27 Posts