Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my blackhawk cqc belt arrived yesterday, and my wife was less than thrilled when I walked past her and straight to the box. :D
This is my first "purpose" cc belt. Initial findings are that it is a sturdy, fairly well built belt. Had to punch a smaller hole size in it seeing as my last trip left me a little smaller. After wearing it all evening with my XD45, it allowed the holster no slip and held it in place very well. Does anyone else wear these/have long term experience with them?

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
I have the 5.11 dress belts and really haven't been that impressed my them. I was looking into the Blackhawk belt when I bought my Wilderness Tactical.

If their belts are as good as their other products, it should serve you well.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 5.11 dress belts and really haven't been that impressed my them. I was looking into the Blackhawk belt when I bought my Wilderness Tactical.

how do you like the wilderness tactical? i've thought about getting one for gen'l use and save the blackhawk for "nicer" dress

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts

I have the 5.11 dress belt that you gave me from your karma and I'll say the blackhawk is for sure stiffer.
Here is a picture comparison. As you can see, the blackhawk belt (right) is a perfect circle. I will say the 5.11 looks nicer.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
how do you like the wilderness tactical? i've thought about getting one for gen'l use and save the blackhawk for "nicer" dress
I wear mine every day to work and I love it. I got the "Frequent Flyer" with the 5-stitch reinforcement. No one has noticed yet that it isn't a dress belt. It's got a velcro closure so it is super adjustable to accomodate for any carry style or buffet lunch.

I have the 5.11 dress belt that you gave me from your karma and I'll say the blackhawk is for sure stiffer.
Here is a picture comparison. As you can see, the blackhawk belt (right) is a perfect circle. I will say the 5.11 looks nicer.
My 5.11's have always had the liner break on my daily wear adjustment hole. Too much flex putting it on, and it cracks eventually. This may have been because I was just at the change over between size belts and didn't have much adjustment left on the ones I had, so I had to pull back at a higher angle then others may need to to put one on. The stitched models do seem to last longer however. That's why I went with the Wilderness.

I got my belts with a 5.11 Covert Khaki deal through LAPolice Gear. They sent proper the size belt for my pant order (their choice of size and color). They did not account for IWB carry though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought one before i got my ccw...so it just sat unused..then got holster and ccw...now my new black hawk belt worn a whooping ONE time..is too big. I lost alot of weight and the now that i'm good to go..my belt is not. I'll be posting it on here for sale. So if anyone is interested just let me know!

CQB / Rigger's Belt

http://http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CQB-Riggers-Belt-15,1694,1384.htm

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHA! Belts are for holding up pants. "..spares the rod hates his child.."
small wooden dowel was used on me, I turned out fine :D
(my wife might disagree )

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
So now I know that its a great belt for pistols, how would it work on my boy's butt? lol Thats the real test of a good belt
Get one of the 1970's western belts with the inset silver letters like my dad had.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

I have a 5.11 belt as well. It was my first "real" CC belt and got a great deal on it from lapolicegear. It is pretty good, but I felt it got a little too flimsy especially where the insert broke after about 60 days. I still use it all the time though, I just thought it would have been a little more durable is all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have now had 5 Blackhawk CQC belts (4 x 1.5" and 1 x 1.25") as they seem to be the best available, but they have serious durability issues. All of the belts have suffered from breakthrough at the buckle and also where the holster clips on. Since the holster is a Lightning Wear Belt Conceal Stealth CCW Leather Belt Holster carrying a LCP w/ 2 extra mags 24/7, there is not a lot of stress being placed on the material.
If anyone knows of a more durable CCW belt, please let me know.
--
John
Knoxville TN

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have now had 5 Blackhawk CQC belts (4 x 1.5" and 1 x 1.25") as they seem to be the best available, but they have serious durability issues. All of the belts have suffered from breakthrough at the buckle and also where the holster clips on. Since the holster is a Lightning Wear Belt Conceal Stealth CCW Leather Belt Holster carrying a LCP w/ 2 extra mags 24/7, there is not a lot of stress being placed on the material.
If anyone knows of a more durable CCW belt, please let me know.
--
John
Knoxville TN
I have been real impressed with my belt from thebeltman.net. I have not had it long enough to really comment on the durability but it appears quality. He stands behind his products so I am sure he would make it right if it did fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For what ever it is worth, I sent pictures of the poor performing belts to Blackhawk Customer Service as I had purchased the belts directly from them but I never received a reply. I have since moved to the 5.11 leather belts and feel they are better quality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts