Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about someone making these for the .45acp in 13 round?

I know they could be Duracoated or any other gun coating, but someone asked about factory black mags.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Springfield XD catalog that I have states "Law Enforcement Only". The model number is XD4545B. The also have stainless magazines with orange baseplates. They are "Law Enforcement Only" also. I don't know why.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
does that mean the black and orange are restricted? aka could I get in trouble if I have one?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I don't think you can get in trouble. It is like having a Colt AR that says Law Enforcement and Military only. They are legal for civilians to have them.

Posted these photos on the other thread about the black mags. Here are some photos of the ones from Springfield Armory. They are model # XD4545B LEO. I purchased these from another member here on XDTalk. And no, I am not in Law Enforcement.

Last photo is of 6 black XD4545B mags.

I remember the thread with the duracoated/powder coated ones. They looked just as good.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
How many of these threads are there??????

Here ya go.
RogueXD did some of his..

No more bling!

It took me awhile to find it.
But once I started, I couldn't let it go..

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know they could be Duracoated or any other gun coating, but someone asked about factory black mags.
How many of these threads are there??????

Here ya go.
RogueXD did some of his..

No more bling!

It took me awhile to find it.
But once I started, I couldn't let it go..
Those would be duracoated or sprayed, I was asked about factory black mags. Thanks for the reminder about CeraKote though. Time to make some phone calls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok so I am a Law Enforcement Officer. What do I do to get black mags? Do I go to my gun shop, do I call SA? How do I prove I'm LE, how much are they? Will someone tell me in English what ALL I need to do, from start to finish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SA e-mailed me the following:

Good morning J,

Thank you for choosing a Springfield XD as your duty sidearm. I’m sorry you have had difficulty obtaining the black XD45 magazines you need but I can help. All you will need is to have a copy of your department credentials on file with us and you will be able to purchase those magazines for a cost of $20 each, the same price as the standard mags. We have plenty in stock currently and they are only offered to the law enforcement community at this time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Happy Holidays!
Lexi
LE Coordinator
Springfield Inc
420 W Main St
Geneseo, IL 61254
Springfield Armory
1-866-842-9530
Fax: 309-944-8490

·
Registered
156 Posts
SA e-mailed me the following:

Good morning J,

Thank you for choosing a Springfield XD as your duty sidearm. I’m sorry you have had difficulty obtaining the black XD45 magazines you need but I can help. All you will need is to have a copy of your department credentials on file with us and you will be able to purchase those magazines for a cost of $20 each, the same price as the standard mags. We have plenty in stock currently and they are only offered to the law enforcement community at this time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Happy Holidays!
Lexi
LE Coordinator
Springfield Inc
420 W Main St
Geneseo, IL 61254
Springfield Armory
1-866-842-9530
Fax: 309-944-8490

I have found SA's customer service on the LE side to be top notch. Lexi was the rep I spoke with and was very professional fwiw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts