Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for good 9mm ammo for self-defense that is locally available. As you would imagine...Black Hills ammo is sold locally here in Rapid City. Does anybody recommend or not recommend Black Hills Ammo?

Thanks,

-Alex

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I currently use BH 168 BTHP in my Savage 10, I tried several (6) different types before the firearm picked th BH and it currently shoots sub-moa groups at 100yrds.
Don't get caught up in all the hype on ammo, pick what your gun likes and don't look back, it may be the cheapest or it may be the most expensive but let it pick not you

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have used Black Hills ammo in 40 cal, it is good ammo. I believe that the Black Hills I have used is loaded with Speer Gold Dot Bullets, which I think is one of the best. By all means if you can buy it locally, get some and try it in your firearm. If it works, use it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Black Hill Ammo is some of the best on the market. Their match ammo is consistently the most accurate in many precision rifles. I imagine their pistol ammo is equally as good.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have never tried any of their pistol ammo, but if it's anything at all like their rifle ammo, you will not go wrong using it.
I have used their loadings in .223 and .308, and they where as good if not better then Fedral Premium ammo, and every bit as good as anything I could load myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry the black hills 115gr +P in my XD-9.It's loaded with the gold
dot bullet.I think the 124gr is a
XTP.The local store should let you
open the box and check.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Top notch stuff, I highly recomend it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts