Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
nice, seeing how you probably have stippled quite a bit i'm curious, is it possible to "shave down" an xdm compact? i want the tactical rails smoothed and the very rear of the frame above the rear safety shaved off a little but dont want to ruin the frame thus wouldnt attempt myself. sorry to jack your thread with this question, thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
cash flow is a btch

i am a contractor too and it always seems like my income on a graph is a bunch of mountains

Must be nice. Mines a bunch of valleys!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have to admit the more I see the 5.25 the more I like it. I wasnt impressed too much at the initial "release" but this Bi-tone looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does .75 of n inch make that big of difference? I mean throw new sights on service model n I would think it be just as accurate. And im not sold on the cutout slide. My xdm runs FAST with my fingers. Is this new 5.25 just marketing hype or truely more accurate. Would someone please benchrest the two for comparison.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does .75 of n inch make that big of difference? I mean throw new sights on service model n I would think it be just as accurate. And im not sold on the cutout slide. My xdm runs FAST with my fingers. Is this new 5.25 just marketing hype or truely more accurate. Would someone please benchrest the two for comparison.
Have you watch our videos on you tube of the accuracy these things are shooting? That was offhand shooting also.

Rob said he is getting 5"ish 10 shot groups prone at 50 yards and his is not as well fit as the ones we have seen through the shop. It is not just the sight radius, but the barrel fitting improvements and for me the balance. The balance is a bit more neutral, as they remove some of the weight from the rear of the slide and the balance point is about my strong hand knuckles, which makes for a very nice balance.

The 4.5" will still have a place, but for supreme accuracy and balance, the 5.25 wins for me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Bitone XDm 45 and I love the looks of it. I would like to get the 5.25 but that ain't happening anytime soon. Cash flow issues prevent it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just put in my order with Christine for a 5.25 with a trigger job. I can't wait to get the call from my FFL next week! This will be the first gun I've had with a trigger job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts