Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an XDM 9mm in bi-tone and an XDS .45 in black. The XDS .45 has shown wear on the slide near the ejector port--i.e. nicks from cases being ejected. The bi-tone shows no wear but you can definitely see the residue on the muzzle after a good range session. IMO...the XDS looks better in black. I've read others prefer black for concealed carry, so as to not be obvious. But bottom line, it's really a matter of preference and what you like.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It doesn't matter, both resist rust exceptionally well. Bi-tone will cost you a tad more at purchase though! So you can feel safe with whichever you choose.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It doesn't matter, both resist rust exceptionally well. Bi-tone will cost you a tad more at purchase though! So you can feel safe with whichever you choose.[/QUOTE

^^^ What he said. Both will rust if not taken care of properly. Given reasonable care, either will be rust free. It mostly boils down to cosmetics. Do you want a totally black gun, or a Bi-Tone?

Duane

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was not certain whether I wanted a black or bitone XDM. The longer I looked at the two pistols I started to really like the looks of the bitone -- which is what I purchased. I like it more every day, glad I went that route.

I doubt either would have a rust problem with care.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
By the looks of Duane's sig, he's a fan of the bi-tone. LOL! Nice collection you got Duane!
Thank you. Yeah, I am a Bi-Tone fan. Luckily, they have not locked me up for that affliction.

The 3 amigos:

Really, if you take care of them, the finish doesn't matter.

Duane

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Three Amigo's...thats freakin awesome LOL!!! Very nice setup! I'll have to post my Dynamic Duo one day.

Sorry to hijack your thread Travis.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I suffer from the same thing that Duane does. If I can't have an XDM in FDE and since the ODs are pretty hard to come by, bit-tone is the ONLY way to go for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
To repeat whats already been said, just take care of the gun no matter what the finish is and it will hold up. The Bi-Tones are sharp looking though, get after one of those if you havent already done so.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think that the bitone looks cool on these guns, but I don't know if I would pay the extra money for cosmetic value. I say that now, but I can see that being different if the time came that I was looking to buy another. I do think the the OD would be a cool one to own too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bi-tone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think that the bitone looks cool on these guns, but I don't know if I would pay the extra money for cosmetic value. I say that now, but I can see that being different if the time came that I was looking to buy another. I do think the the OD would be a cool one to own too.
This. Coupled with the availability of bitone I could not justify it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I prefer black, but the bi-tone is not as shiny and obvious as some other manufactures' bi-tone models that reflect a lot of light. I CC so black is my first choice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts