Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HD gun is a XD-45 Tact with a TLR-1. I am wanting to get night sights am wanting the XS Big Dot's. I realize it will not give me precise shooting (competition), however, it is proven to be great in high alert, defense situations.

To those who own them, what is your opinion? Do you enjoy them? Pros/Cons? Would you buy again.

This is what it will be accessorizing:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have them on my XD9 Service which sports a TLR-1s and is a dedicated HD pistol. I like them for the purpose that I got them - dedicated HD. Sight reacquirement on rapid fire shots is quick. I always struggled finding the front sight with 3-dot sights on quick shots. The Big Dot up front is so easy to acquire.

With regard to accuracy, they aren't too shabby. I rarely practice with this gun past 10 yards. At that range, I'm happy with their performance.

Would I buy them again? Tough question, but I think I would. I got mine from a member on here at a very discounted price. I would probably not want to pay full retail ($120).

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
I can hit pop cans at 25 yards, easy, with 24/7 Big Dots on my Glock 21.

Should be precise enough.

Personally, however, I'm coming around more & more to 10-8 type u-notch rear and dot front...

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Good question. I will be monitoring this thread for responses.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have the big dot sights on my xd9 and love them. Super easy to acquire a nice sight picture and as far as accuracy if you know how to use them they are darned accurate. Now would I use them for bullseye competition, heck no, but who would use night sights for bullseye anyway. For IDPA or practical shooting competitions they are just what you need. Definitely a great purchase and addiion to the xd.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I put XS sights on a Colt Defender. Not impressed. They won't do anything any other quality sights will do. I prefer the TFOs a great deal more.

Sight aquisition is fast of course. But they are for really close in work at distances where you're not using sights anyhow.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have them on my Glock 23, and love them... as mentioned, VERY fast acquisition of the front sight. Especially when working on some more complex shooting skills, I was having a problem picking up the front sight with the original sights.... with the Xd 24/7 Big Dot, the problem was solved.

(My issue now is my handling of the gun, not something the sights can help out with!!) :-(

I would highly suggest them for their intended purpose..... home defense / idpa etc. Not so much for marksmanship training/shooting.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have them on my XDc .45 and my XDmc 3.8. Like them much better than the two sets of TFO's on two other XD's. I didn't have any difference in accuracy with the XS sights than the originals at 25 yds. I have trouble making sure I have the front sight in the middle when shooting in low light conditions with three dot sights. These sights really eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have them on my XDc .45 and my XDmc 3.8. Like them much better than the two sets of TFO's on two other XD's. I didn't have any difference in accuracy with the XS sights than the originals at 25 yds. I have trouble making sure I have the front sight in the middle when shooting in low light conditions with three dot sights. These sights really eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
A friend bought a 1911 with the XS Big Dot sight and had it removed after shooting the IDPA clasifier. He said that the thing looked as big as a beach ball when he was trying to shoot head shots at 25 yards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts