Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I was gonna wait to announce all this but sometimes it's better sooner than later, so here goes!

We will be opening a firearms academy this coming spring. Courses available will be everything from basic handgun handling and CCW qualification to more advanced handgun and carbine courses. Also available will be Krav Maga classes and other unarmed or non-gun classes aimed at self defense.

We have partnered with The Mako Defense Group for a soft launch in Sept when we will host their Israeli Special Forces instructors for their "Israeli Method" training

More is to come and watch for 'orev" to post up as he and I are working together personally to bring this about and are very excited to bring this style of Israeli training to the US.

More info is available here

Mako Defense: The Israeli Method | israeli special forces trainin in the US | carbine courses | pistol courses | advanced combat techniques

And Orev and I will keep you posted as we progress.

:cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
i may be coming to Missouri this winter to visit some work buddys. when will your first classes be for CC.

·
Registered
720 Posts
XD militia? I'd join, we'd have to elect a Pres in the event of a necessary takeover...
INDEED. an XD/XDM militia would be EPIC. Where would we locate this compound?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EZ with the compound and militia talk. :D

Were talking legitimate real world training here, not a militia compound or anything of that nature. LOL!

I did change the wording to say "training of this style" vs "training of this level"

I don't want anyone to get the impression that we are trying to set ourselves out there as the best and only method of shooting and fighting.

Some schools do that and I find it to be a big turn off, there are lots of techniques and styles, many of them effective, others not so much.

We intend to teach the clean, simple and effective, methods developed by the Israelis through decades of living under real terrorist threat and activity.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sorry, got kind of excited. I would definately take a CC class from you guys if it has reproctiry in ND.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The CrossBreed element of the group will be in Missouri.

We may do some traveling training but the plan at this point is to base the CrossBreed Academy here in SW MO

The Mako Group may partner with us to the extent that they base their training here too, but we have not made it that far in discussions.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Living close may become relative as I am hoping to have lodging facilities on site by Fall 2011

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Outstanding!
I hope things go well for you Mark.

My SD & Firearms is looking for some property to do something similar. He has a GREAT team of instructors. But, he can't continue to use department ranges for "public" training.

·
Premium Member
37,681 Posts
sounds like a road trip:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Only 7 hours away..
I might have to make a trip up there next year on one of my vacations..
I know my wife wouldn't minid getting rid of me for a few days...;)
Keep us posted..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sounds good Mark. Glad to see someone with business that seems to be steadily expanding. Hope to be in the same boat one day.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts