Springfield XD Forum banner

How should I get my pistol stainless XD finished in Durakote by Ajamesp51?

• Clear coat the slide and get the controls and pins done in a silver color?

• Matte black slide with black pins and controls?

• Matte black slide with silver colored pins and controls?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE!:
It appears clear coat wins by default! The stainless wont except Duracoat! James is a fast repsonder! Thank you James!

Well, I won a Duracoat job from Ajamesp51 in the raffle and I need to decide how I want my XD finished when I get it back from SA. She is a bi-tone in stainless .40cal Service Model. I got the stainless cause a.) its all they had in stock, b.) it looks awesome, and c.) the stainless is supposed to be more rust resistant. The gun is both a range plinker and my CC gun. My uncle suggested I get it done in black for CC and potential police work. I really like the matte black look of the slides James has posted on his site. But she is beautiful like she is! So I was also considering just the clear coat too. What do you guys think?

Links to James's Duracoating stuff:
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/duracoat.html
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/durakote2.html

UPDATE!:
It appears clear coat wins by default! The stainless wont except Duracoat! James is a fast repsonder! Thank you James!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Although I also have a stainless, I'm partial to black. If there was a black stainless model of the XDSC, I would have gotten that. I picked out the XDSC for CCW so I got the stainless to alleviate the rust problems that some of the XD's seemed to have.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That's like asking us to vote for you to date a blonde, brunette or redhead. Nobody can tell you what you prefer.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
If you weren't such a one way type of guy, you would have given me the prize and I could have Duracoated my stock SC 9. :D

That would have solved 2 problems:

1. You would not have had this dilemma re coating your gun.

2. You wouldn't have had to conduct a poll.

3. I would have a Duracoated XD.

I know I said 2, but the last one came to me while typing the 2nd and I was too lazy to change the 2 above. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts