Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of building something along the lines of an AR in 458 Socom. The thing is the use would be just because I don't have one.

What'cha think?

·
Registered
468 Posts
"Just because" is all the reason you need :)

I haven't looked into ammo cost/availability in the thumper calibers. Do you reload?

Edit: .450 Bushmaster looks interesting, too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I haven't looked at the price of .458, but mostly because I only see like a single box of it at any given store. .450 Bushmaster, on the other hand, is becoming a very easy to find caliber with a lot of support. Food for thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You're reason is good enough alone! I was considering a big bore AR as well. I think I might just go with a bolt gun if I ever take that step. Bigger calibers are a bit of a liability in Chicago.... =/ I'm only rocking 9mm currently in handguns and AR. Would love to build a .300 blackout though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love to build a .300 blackout though.
I did a .300 Blackout pistol build as a 'just because' already.

No reloading here... I guess before I fully commit I should check ammo availability and pricing too.

Maybe I could do a lightweight build...

Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
I did a .300 Blackout pistol build as a 'just because' already.

No reloading here... I guess before I fully commit I should check ammo availability and pricing too.

Maybe I could do a lightweight build...

Decisions decisions.
300blk is readily available. Price is closer to "normal" center-fire rifle ammo than it is to 5.56.
I wouldn't recommend it for putting holes in paper.

·
Premium Member
21,647 Posts
My wife has a 50 BMG AR -15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts