Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I picked up a XD40SC last week and now I'm in need of a good holster with retention. A couple of friends carry their Glocks in a Bianchi CarryLok and I'm very impressed with it. I see they list one for the standard XD9 and XD40 but nothing listed for the smaller compact or subcompact. So my question is anybody using the CarryLok specifically with a XDsc? Or anything similar to the CarryLok would be nice to know about also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try a Blackhawk Serpa....

This one has been shortened for the SC, and works great. I use a Bianchi PaddleLok (same system as the CarryLok, in paddle form) for my 1911, and I like it.

I've also used this one for an SC, although it is for an XD with a 4" barrel.

Walker

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap you're from Spokane too? Small world. The Serpa looks nice. Is the retention easy to release? How much do those run? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are real easy to release.... You can get them for $30-$45, depending on the retail shop. If you are in Spokane, drop me a PM and I can show you this one. It's available for $20 to a local.

Walker

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Cheaperthandirt.com has a great selection of holsters for usually a better price. They sell the Blackhawk Serpa for the Springfield (W/ Paddle) for about $22.50. or the Belt Holster for about $33.50.

Unfortunately they are not in stock at this time. I've been watching.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The Serpa looks nice. Is the retention easy to release?
If you have good trigger finger discipline already, then it is very simple to release. Just press the length of your trigger finger against the side of the holster and that'll be enough to release the retention. It doesn't need to be a whole lot because if somebody tries to grab your gun they are going to wrap their entire hand around the grip and not be anywhere near the retention button.

Slow is easy, but it takes practice to do it quickly every single time because you have to make sure the button is getting pressed an instant before you start pulling on the gun. The harder you pull on the gun before the button is pressed, the more difficult it is for the button to be pressed enough to release the gun. (If that makes any sense.)

Also, if you are used to drawing from an IWB holster, or an OWB that fully covers the slide, you will be plesantly surprised at how little upward movement it takes to clear the Blackhawk SERPA holster and get the gun pointing at your target. As you can see in the earlier photos, it is cut so it doesn't cover the entire slide.

There is now a less expensive version (Sportster) that only comes with the paddle. The paddle still locks in very tight if somebody were to try a gun grab, and paddle holsters are a good choice for people who might be out running errands and end up somewhere that doesn't allow guns. You can just take the whole rig off without undoing your belt and lock it up in the car.

Oh, and Midwayusa.com usually has them in stock.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think I may look into a serpa holster after reading this thread for ths days where I just don't want to carry IWB.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I love my Serpa with my xd9sc. The paddle attachment is more stable than the belt attachment. I tried both and have stuck with the paddle. I found mine at a Sportsman's warehouse for $39.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, this post is way old but, I just bought a Bianchi Carrylok 82 holster (model 11 B)for the xd9/40 and it fits my subcompact 40 perfect.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hello all. I picked up a XD40SC last week and now I'm in need of a good holster with retention. A couple of friends carry their Glocks in a Bianchi CarryLok and I'm very impressed with it. I see they list one for the standard XD9 and XD40 but nothing listed for the smaller compact or subcompact. So my question is anybody using the CarryLok specifically with a XDsc? Or anything similar to the CarryLok would be nice to know about also.
I am using the carrylok for the 4" XD. It works just fine with the subcompact. I love it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am using the carrylok for the 4" XD. It works just fine with the subcompact. I love it.
This is great news. I was just looking at a Carrylock at a LGS/Range. I need a holster for my XD9 Service, which is getting lonely. I am considering getting a XD9SC for CC and would be happy to have one holster to go with both my guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts