Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orderd some high capacity mags from the gun source and was charged month.s ago and still no mag,s...all i get is a bunch of bull run around. sounds like bait and switch to me . they charge your card and then make you wait for shippment to them. sounds like that they do not carry items in stock.its not worth the hassel and time....BEWARE!!!!!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Team I have two similar situations but its me that owes a 9mm 15rnd mag and three matrix holsters. The customers ordered I think vary early Dec and I had some in stock but as soon as you say you have an order you get bombarded. It ended up I over sold one mag. No one can get the mags becuase SA is giving them away instead of restocking distributers. I had offered a refund but he would rather have the mag. And the other customer and the three holsters I had one left of the three ordered but again over sold and the supply ran out. I blame the manufacture I dont belive they made enough for the xd, since not one distributer had more than 25 and ran out in a week now there are no more avaible even direct from Galco. I am not defending the situation, but I am shure if you ask you can get a refund Scott (pistol gear) said he had a big shipment comming in.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rule "E" of the US Bank Code allows you to do a chargeback for charges to your card when the items were not delivered. You have one year from the original date of transaction to dispute the transaction.

Contact the company who issued you your card and they will help you by sending a form and immeadiately taking the money back from the merchant and holding it until this is resolved.
At that point the merchant has 14 days to prove he sent you the items ordered or you get your money back, period.

Get your money back and then go to a local dealer for your mags, it may cost a little more per mag but you will at least have them when you walk out. :wink:

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Some items, like the XD Hi-Cap Mags , move really fast. I also have a few customers with backorders and the guys have been very patient about it. The reality is, SA does not have any. They only reason I am getting some at the end of the month is because I placed a large special order, to get their attention.

If GunSource won't refund your money, that is bad. Being that a charge back costs a vendor $25+ for each instance, most won't play around with refunds.

In the end, communication back to the customer is the key. No communication = upset customers.

Scott

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I called SA and asked what the problem was with no mags being delivered to dealers, I was told they had them in stock and I could order them from them. I told her I wanted 5 and at their price I was really loseing ( $6 or 7 extra per mag ), she told me I was not normal wanting so many mags, and that there would be a large shipment in mid Jan. I guess she lied.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and orderd 4 hi caps straight from Sringfield Armory.
The gun sourse wanted to charge me $25.00 restocking fee for a cancelation. so i left the items on order and chock this one up to lesson learned. I will never do buisness with them again. i guess if i would have just been kept in the loop by email or something that these items were on back order i would have been fine with it.
but to leave the customer hanging not knowing and the money has already been taken leaves a bad tast in ones mouth. Very bad customer relations.My best bet from now on is WWW.Pistolgear.com. But i just wanted to tell all of you thank you for your valued input. Especially you skygun9 . thanks .

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
TeamXD said:
I went ahead and orderd 4 hi caps straight from Sringfield Armory.
The gun sourse wanted to charge me $25.00 restocking fee for a cancelation. so i left the items on order and chock this one up to lesson learned.
How can they charge you a restocking fee on an item that is not in stock!? I would tell them to cancel your order or you will dispute the charge, which will cost them more than $25 on the charge back. They can't charge a restocking fee unless they note such terms on their website or at the time of the sale. No where on their website does it mention a restocking fee.

See: http://www.thegunsource.com/support_main.aspx

In the end, you will win. You credit card company will keep you whole and the TGS will lose more than one sale. I believe someone from TGS frequents this forum. Perhaps they can define their stance for you.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
TeamXD said:
Orderd some high capacity mags from the gun source and was charged month.s ago and still no mag,s...all i get is a bunch of bull run around. sounds like bait and switch to me . they charge your card and then make you wait for shippment to them. sounds like that they do not carry items in stock.its not worth the hassel and time....BEWARE!!!!
You do realize that it is a federal offense (assuming interstate commerce) for them to charge your card for an item that they do not have available to ship.
I worked for a 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) company for some time, doing order fullfillment. You can take the order, but you MAY NOT CHARGE THE CARD unless you have inventory IN STOCK to fulfill the order. The only exception to this is if it is CLEARLY STATED that this is a PREORDER.

You may want to mention this to them, and have them run it past their Legal Dept.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
443 Posts
JUST TAKE THEM AND GRAB'EM AND TWIST'EM AND KICK'EM AND wait I am saying this outloud ain't I!!!! :shock: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Last Monday I ordered 3- 12 rounders from topglock.com and posted on here that they had 3 left.I soon got a post by one of ya'll that you were still waiting on an order that was done a good 10 days ago from the same place.Now I read all this stuff about the gunsource folks.So I'm thinking....Oh-Oh....I don't need this "take my money and wait crap".Well I kid you not,as I'm going through these posts my dog barks and I look out the window and the delivery guy is here and he hands me my order from TGS.com!! And the time factor is only 4 business days!! Wow...what a relief!! This is my second mag.order from these folks.They are great so far and I will recommend them without hesitation.......Herman.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They may have allot of Glock Hi-cap mags,But who wants a Glock! Its the Smith & Wesson ,Colts, Kimbers , and XD's that they seem to have a problem getting. Anyway you look at it, Charging ones credit card prior to goods being in house or in stock,and them making the costomer wait with out notification is bad buisness. You may want to take that risk ....I WILL NOT.As stated in past post my best bet from this point on is and will be www.pistolgear.com
Oh! and yes sir Old School they do sell XD high cap mags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is up. Definately research sites you are buying from. My mistake. April 23 2012 I ordered an ISSC mk22 22lr rifle. The next day , two mags. A total of $646.97. Money was deducted immediately. All items in stock. Now it's almost June. Today I come to find all the reviews, chats, blogs, and even the better business bureau are extremely negative. Also, no reply to my emails, phone is a short " experiencing technical difficulties", and the web site now says everything is out of stock, not even 1 cleaning pad. Unbelievable. First and last time w/ these guys and their cohorts. 25% restock is to much. I just want my stuff. I live paycheck to paycheck lately ( carpenter w/ little work) except once a year on tax returns I can splurge. What a freakin' let down. So I ask the bank to hold funds, fine. But where can I get some answers. Or, more importantly, a cool, cheap ammo, plinker like the one I ordered.:confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a problem with these guys a few months ago. Site said in stock, after weeks back an forth on estimated ship date, then no ship, I made them refund my card and ordered elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I had a problem with these guys a few months ago. Site said in stock, after weeks back an forth on estimated ship date, then no ship, I made them refund my card and ordered elsewhere.
Still consistently screwing up orders after 7 years ..

At least they have they going for them.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum Karuna11..
I think you now hold the record for oldest dead thread revival..:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts