Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have two Mod-2's in 9mm, a compact and a tactical, and since they are both new the only issue I can find is I don't have enough cash to keep it fed.
These firearms have been flawless with everything I have used.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have two XD-S 3.3", one in 9mm one in .45. What I like is the size and weight that makes for easy CC. What I don't like is that because of the size and weight the .45 recoils like a freaking mule. Unpleasant to shoot after 25 or 30 rounds. It gets a lot of time in the safe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The grip. You would think with the technologies and materials available the manufacturers would be able to design a grip that is both ergonomic and provides a firm non-slip grip.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I purchased my XDS 3.3 9mm before the XDS 3.3 Mod 2 came out... with that said, I hate the grip on the standard XDS and wish I had known the Mod 2 was in the works.... otherwise I would have waited.....

Reactions: Jeremy79

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like my XDS-9 3.3” for its concealability and reliability. It’s a lot of gun in a really slim package.

On the other hand, the trigger sucks (aftermarket options are available) and I find it way too easy to hit the slide lock, preventing it from locking open when empty. I’ve adjusted my thumb position when firing to avoid it, but I’m still not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The grip. You would think with the technologies and materials available the manufacturers would be able to design a grip that is both ergonomic and provides a firm non-slip grip.
The horrible grip is what kept me from considering them. Although, I believe he started this thread to see what parts they should make next.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like the grip is the biggest complaint! We are definitely interested in finding areas that need improvement, so all of your comments were helpful.
Since the grip took the cake on this, I guess our next question is: what would you change about it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the grip on my Mod 2. But the trigger had way too much travel.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've been trying to come up with a way to dip the grip in a liquid rubber or silicone mixture that would fuse to the groves but keep the nubs exposed. That would be the golden ticket!
I absolutely hate the slip over grips and the talon stickers currently available.

BTW, how about you work on making your trigger not sting the trigger finger when using it in a XDs?
Yes, I bought one from you. It makes the gun more accurate for me, no doubt. But I had to remove it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My only complaint about the grip is that it's not aggressive enough. But I prefer my front and backstrap texture just south of bleeding. The stock trigger is weird but it works for me and I am extremely accurate with it. I may even shoot it better than any other XD variant.

As for the magazines, I am just not a fan of grip sleeves.

IMG_1913.JPG

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds like the grip is the biggest complaint! We are definitely interested in finding areas that need improvement, so all of your comments were helpful.
Since the grip took the cake on this, I guess our next question is: what would you change about it?
There's two things which, for me, would make the grip perfect. The first is that the grip is to brutal on my hand. Some nice stippling or something would be better (I have the mod 1). The second is the position of the thumb rests are in completely the wrong place. When taking a proper high grip my thumbs rest just on the far side of the slide lock and takedown lever. I would love if the thumb rests were positioned there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
My only complaint about the grip is that it's not aggressive enough. But I prefer my front and backstrap texture just south of bleeding.
I hear ya! Although I'm not looking for much more than the stock grip, I've considered adding a bit of stippling to the backstrap. I just don't get these guys that say the stock grip hurts their hands. Geez, toughen up or something lol!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really like the size and function of the XDs except that it is striker fired. I bought it anyway because of its size in spite of striker fired. I lived with it and loved it except I wished they would belly the trigger guard a bit..........it and the XDe chew the heck out of my trigger finger after a box or so of shells. I have to use a glove or a bit of tape for extended shooting.

I hope I don't upset anyone about mentioning the XDe, but my XDs is going to be sold now that I have the e.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been trying to come up with a way to dip the grip in a liquid rubber or silicone mixture that would fuse to the groves but keep the nubs exposed. That would be the golden ticket!
I absolutely hate the slip over grips and the talon stickers currently available.

BTW, how about you work on making your trigger not sting the trigger finger when using it in a XDs?
Yes, I bought one from you. It makes the gun more accurate for me, no doubt. But I had to remove it.
Oh no! Were you able to identify what about the trigger was specifically causing the sting you were feeling? This is not something we have had complaints about in the past, but we take all feedback seriously. If there's something specific you might have noticed that could help us identify what's causing the issue, we will work on finding a solution.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We have had requests for grip work on other platforms and it's something we have long considered. For now, we are only offering our custom packages for Glock pistols, but with growing demand, this could certainly change. Different manufacturers use different polymers for their pistol frames and they all cut, melt, and grind differently. In order to ensure our standards of quality are upheld, we are limiting our grip work to Glock polymer for now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts