Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading about problems people have with staining their front Trijicons, I decided to seal mine up.
Some people use nail polish, but that' kind of ghetto to me. I'm sure it works, but not my style.
I picked up some stuff called Norland 61. It's a military grade optical adhesive, with nearly 100% light transmission.
"When fully cured, NOA 61 has very good adhesion and solvent resistance"

I bought two vials through a group buy on candlepowerforums, you need less than one drop to seal all three sights since they're so small. IIRC I bought both the vials for under $10 shipped, so one vial should be less than that.

A tip when applying - surface tension caused the adhesive to form somewhat of a bubble when applied. Carefully dab a tiny bit of a paper towel on it, the dry paper will "suck" the adhesive up so it becomes flush with the sight.

Here are pictures below: you might not be able to tell, but it's there.

If anyone is local to the San Diego area, I have extra and can do it for you. All you have to do is get me a double double at In n out :)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Oooooh. Where do you want to meet and when?

·
Registered
259 Posts
When i get back to my hometown of SD 619 i will take u up on this offer. awesome:p

·
Registered
730 Posts
When i get back to my hometown of SD 619 i will take u up on this offer. awesome:p
Last week I had a set of Trijicon, green, three dot sights installed on my SA M1911A1. My eye just got to the point were the rear sight notch and the minuscule front sight post were practically useless.

The .45 wasn't as much fun to shoot and it used to be my favorite gun.

I too, was concerned about the day light white rings loosing some brightness. However, Trijicon says they have a "Trijicon Exclusive Sapphire Window"

"Each Trijicon tritium lamp is capped with a Sapphire Jewel which helps to evenly distribute the light from the tritium lamp as well as protect it from solvents and puncture."

What I didn't realize, is the "Sapphire Window" protects the cylinders and not the front and rear sight daylight rings.

Please give us an occasional update and comment. It would be interesting.

1EYEJACK

P.S. You did a very good job. It's neat and precise.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Anyone try the nail polish thing? I might try that later but dont want to muck anything up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts