Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my rear sight is not quite centered on the slide and it needs to be fixed...what's the best method to do this?

I have a few punches and basic hand tools, but I don't want to mark up the gun, obviously.

Also, I'm curious if anybody else had off center sights from the factory...I don't think it walked from shooting and it did seem to shoot a bit to the right the first time I shot it. Now I'm unconciously correcting for it which might make me shoot left with good sights...not good.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
BOTH of my SC's were off from the factory. I had the 9mm replaced with Mepro and the .40 is as of yet uncorrected.
I also need to know what the proper method is for aligning the sight. I had planned on putting the slide in a vice with cloth on each side and tapping the sight with a brass punch. I planned on reading up if this is the right way to do it or not though.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
A SIG Sight Pusher is the only way to go
to truly get the job done while at the range.

Strangely though, our machines are really
fitted tightly with the sights in the dovetails.

It can really be a hassle even with the proper
sight alignment tool. Many sights are glued in
in place and cannot be moved without destroying
them. Good luck.

Ed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, fick. That's not what I wanted to hear at all. I don't have money to spend on another tool just for sights. I may take it to my local dealer who has a small shop in the basement of his store and see what he says. I'm a regular customer so I think he'll do what it takes to make me happy. The thing only needs to move a couple mm. I did it on an old Mark II of mine with a piece of wood and a wood mallet in my lap. Just a couple taps and I was shooting straight again!

Please keep the brain juices flowing!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ed Ely said:

them. Good luck.

Ed
Will an XD slide fit in a Sig Sight Pusher? If it dose I wish I would have heard that a year ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My XD was shooting to the right when I first got it. I took it to a gunsmith along with my targets and showed him what was going on at 10yrds and 15yrds. He took the XD in the back, I heard a couple of loud "Whacks", he handed the XD back and I took it directly to a range and it fires Right on the Money!!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
Ed Ely said:

them. Good luck.

Ed
Will an XD slide fit in a Sig Sight Pusher? If it dose I wish I would have heard that a year ago.
The rear sight on an XD is slightly too wide to fit a Sig sight pusher, at least the one I got from Brownell's a couple of years ago. I took a rear sight that I replaced with Tru-Glo's and narrowed it on a grinder. Put it on another XD, the Sig sight pusher worked fine then.
The Sig sight pusher will not work on the front sight of a Tactical, it will work on a Service model if you can get past the rear sight (replace it or narrow it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts