Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what ammo works best for the XD-9 Tactical. I've been using Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm for a few thousand rounds on my other gun and have never had a problem. Then I read a few posts that guys were having trouble with Blazer Brass on their XD-40s, but they loved WWB. Is WWB a better product? Did anyone have trouble with Blazer Brass in the XD-9?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Truthfully the .40 cal in most pistols can be a bit more picky eater than the 9mm. Don't worry. Shoot whatever your pistol enjoys & is the cheapest. Blazer & WWB are both fine target options. Some claim whitebox is dirty, sowhat...the price is good. Georgia Arms is another good option. XD-9's don't seem to baulk on anything. Enjoy your pistol. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked up WWB on the web and they show a 115 gr and a 124 gr. Also, for the 115 gr they show two types, a Q4172 and a USA9MMVP. Does anyone know what the difference is and which grain is better?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've fed my XD9 a diet consisting mostly of WWB and Rem UMC ammo. Tried out some Speer Gold Dots (115gr HPs) as well as CCI aluminum case, S&B, Wolf and several others. Haven't had a problem with any ammo yet. Haven't found any of the CCI brass to try out.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You should try some of them 9mm Nato rounds. I used to be a fan of WWB, but now that I have some of the Nato rounds......I wont shoot anythin else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The best practice ammo has a vague answer at best. Different guns of the same make and model can have different accuracy and function results with a paticular ammo. It's what functions in YOUR pistol, and what groups best out of YOUR pistol. I quit using WWB because it groups lousy out of MY XD. UMC 115 shoots pretty well for me. Is UMC better than WWB? In general terms no, but out of my XD, yes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've used Blazer Brass and WWB and they both work well. The accuracy is about the same, but I think that Blazer is a little cleaner.

·
Registered
94 Posts
best practice ammo is what ever is cheapest :roll: J/K Aluminum cased Blazer has been working great for me. 500 rounds in 5 days :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts