Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many different guns that are really good at suppression.

But the whole purpose for this thread is for me to just ramble a few of my past experiences.

The best suppression that I have experienced have been from 22LR subsonic and match ammo and 147 or 158 gr 9mm subsonic and 38 special in basically everything but +P so you can keep the factory advertised velocity when you are not wanting to down charge the caliber to starve it in order to stay or get the fps below 1050 fps.

The best host guns fire from a closed bolt that you have to manually work (bolt actions or single shot break open receivers or even lever actions are the most effective).

Many people simply want semi auto (or even full auto) host guns with their suppressors and that's all fine too. It's fun, and they work relatively well too all things considered, but if your ultimate goal is maximum noise suppression, it's hard to beat some of the old traditional platforms so don't overlook those if you are considering getting into Shhh.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Chopped and channeled Choate Folding stock. Green Mountain 8" SS 1X9 fast twist barrel. Elite Iron Echo 6" SS can. Light, compact, handy. Usual Vorquartsen stuff. Folds up short and fits into a smaller overnight pack. About 1.5" @ 50 yds, about 3.25" @ 100 yards. Quite a bullet drop.

A little disappointing. 100% with Aguila 60 gr. SSS subsonic ammo. The dinky gun may do better with a better high powered optic and some barrel floating. Right now the nite vision scope is on it for pest control. Works for us. HB of CJ (old coot) All US Laws And NFA Codes Apply. SW Oregon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts