Springfield XD Forum banner

which is the all around best 9mm subcompact in your opinion?

• Springfield Armory XD9 Subcompact

• Glock 26

• Smith & Wesson M&P 9c

• Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro

• Ruger SR9c

• Kahr PM9

• Keltec P11

• Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact

• Sig Sauer P290

• Hipoint C9

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purpose of this thread is to see which subcompact 9mm pistols people really prefer

·
Registered
29,619 Posts
Well, gee...since this is a forum mostly dedicated to one brand of firearm...I'm sure your results won't have bias.:rolleyes:

Try posting this in a non-brand specific forum, and you will most likely get more accurate results.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have 2 xds and a xdm that I carry on a daily basis and I can tell you if I had to pick up a subcompact pistol it would be a glock 26 before a xd9sc. I'm a diehard xd fan but something about the sc is just off

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
I voted for the springfield because I'm not to fond of Glocks.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If a small gun is what you want, it's tough to beat the PM9 in my opinion. A subcompact should be easy to carry concealed, the PM9 can be pocket carried if necessary and still be comfortable.

Love my compact XDM 9mm, but for size and concealability the PM9 wins, plus it's a joy to shoot.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I tried the Glock 26, but the XD9sc felt better to me and was $100 less.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Someone really voted for the Hipoint? I hope that was a joke... Lol.

If you're looking for something smaller I would go with the Kahr. If not try the G26, M&P, or the XD and decide for yourself.

I prefer the M&P.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If a small gun is what you want, it's tough to beat the PM9 in my opinion. A subcompact should be easy to carry concealed, the PM9 can be pocket carried if necessary and still be comfortable.

Love my compact XDM 9mm, but for size and concealability the PM9 wins, plus it's a joy to shoot.
I'll second this, my PM9 is a stellar piece of work and I'd vote as such if the poll was still open. I don't understand how the XD and M&P both beat it when the size is such a huge difference.

·
Registered
895 Posts
kahr all the way, get used to the double action only trigger and its a dream as ccw self defense, and very reliable/well made is USA.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the PM9 but voted for the Glock 26. The pm9 and the p11 are in a different category to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This would be my first choice just because at the time 2 years ago it was the best feeling (for my hands) and reliable as well. Still have it and do not see getting rid of it. Great gun for Winter Carry.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I guess you really can't have a complete list of every single subcompact available, but my favorite is not on your list.

I would have voted for the SA EMP 9mm.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I voted for the XD9sc but it is not my carry weapon. It is for the car or home. My carry weapon is a Ruger LCP. I don't consider weapons above about 15 oz. even in the right league for concealed carry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What can I say. She has been reliable since day 1. Ive owned a Glock .40 sub compact and I cant say the same about it. Recoil spring busted after like 75 rds. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts