Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
i use a 18 # spring in my captive guide rod. ( personal choice.) i understand the logic but really dont see the poinI in switching spring poundage with every different load. A bit much. i stick with what works well with all loads ( again presonal preference.) Over 2000 rnds not 1 issue with feeding nor gun. XD-Tactical 9MM

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I run a 16# spring in my XD-9 Tactical, with Don's Guide Rod. I used to run with a 22# spring, however it forced the muzzle down to much for me and my shooting style. The 16# spring keeps my XD flat.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I use the factory recomended #19 Wolff spring in my XD-9 tactical. I shoot 125 grains FMJ roundnose rounds in it. The brass ejects about 18" (has burned me with empties a couple of times) back and right. Nice gentle recoil and smooth cycle.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
As you can see, there is no one choice. The best thing to do is get a couple of weight and test them, to see what is best for you, your style, your loads, your expectations, etc.

Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
REDCELL said:
I have the Tactical in .40 so whats good for that?
According to Springfield both guns (XD-9 Tactical and XD-40 Tactical) use a stock #19 spring for a 5" 1911.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm running a 22# spring and have had good luck with it so far. I need to get a little more time shooting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts